Hard to believe I’m already in my 5th year of blogging. A recap of 2015. (Click the links to see a recap of 2011, 2012 , 2013, and 2014)
I lost a lot of readers and followers in 2015 – this bothered me for awhile but to be honest, I don’t have the motivation to do what I need to do to really try to grow my blog into something more than it is.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
- Finished an Olympic Distance Triathlon
- Won overall female in a race (albeit a small one)
- Swam a mile without stopping
- Got called for Jury Duty, though it got canceled.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Run a post baby marathon – check! Myrtle Beach Marathon
- Finish an Olympic Distance Triathlon – check! Kiawah Island Triathlon
- Come up with and follow a financial plan – not really, in fact I spent way too much money
- Do a “pay it forward” once a month – didn’t even do this once. Huge FAIL
- Earn 2.0 CEU’s to go towards an ACE award in 2016 -I’ll have to check on this one. This will only happen if 2016 CEU’s count as I honestly forgot about it
- Finish a Half Ironman (bonus: this is also a bucket list item!)
- Find something to invest some money in (stock, gold whatever)
- Start attending church more regularly ( or at all, really )
- Run a 5k in under 22 minutes
- Volunteer somewhere a few times this year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- I’m in my 30’s, so yes
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Thankfully, no
5. What countries did you visit?
- Still zero
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
- I keep saying I want a vacation and we never take one. We are going to Disney in January so I guess that kinda counts (though Bryan may not be able to go now). First world problems.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January – made a huge job move
- Februrary 14 – Post twins marathon and PR
- March – overall female 5k winner!
- May – twins turn TWO!
- August – go mostly gluten free
- September – finish my first Olympic Distance Triathlon
- October – super crazy flooding in SC. Summerville got 17 inches of rain. Many roads were blocked for days.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I’m honestly not sure – keeping up with my crazy schedule?
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Focusing too much on stuff that doesn’t matter in the long run
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Irritated PSOAS – still fighting that one.
- Several sinus flare ups
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- hmm…didn’t really buy any big ticket items this year, unless you count my Half Ironman registration for 2016.
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Races/shoes/fitness stuff. Because triathlon isn’t a cheap sport….
13. What did you get really excited about?
- Nerd alert – my long runs and group rides over the weekends
- Watching the twins’ vocabularies grow
14. What song will always remind you of 2015?
- Can’t Feel My Face – because the twins screamed NOOOOO when I tried to sing it in the car.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- – happier or sadder? happier!
- – thinner or fatter? about the same
- – richer or poorer? about the same
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- put my phone down
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- get frustrated over unimportant stuff
- cared so much about a clean house
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- At home. We opened a few presents at home, went to my parents house for dinner and opened some more, and then had a smaller one over the weekend when my sister came back in town.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
- Modern Family
- Sister Wives (yes, I know)
- Big Bang Theory
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Sadly, I really did not read much this year, so I honestly don’t remember. I listened to a few audiobooks but mostly fluff stuff so I didn’t have to really focus on it.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
- Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
- Worth It – Fifth Harmony
- Locked Away – R. City
- Stressed Out – Twenty One Pilots
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
- The Hunger Games series – didn’t watch many movies this year either. Most of my time goes to working, working out, or chasing toddlers
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned 33. I actually ended up spending the day solo. I got a massage and pedicure, met Bryan for lunch, bought myself new running shoes and did a little shopping. Then I did the spadework workout and went out with the crew for drinks.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- I don’t think anything would have brought satisfaction that I’d consider immeasurable.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
- I never have and never will have a “fashion concept”
26. What kept you sane?
- Getting good consistent sleep!
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
- Thinking ahead too much will make you miss what is right in front of you