Using the same format I used in 2011, a recap of 2012:
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
- PR’d my marathon
- Gave myself multiple injections
- I got a tattoo on my foot, partly because of this infertility journey
- Saw my first ever positive pregnancy test
- Attempted to go skydiving – unfortunately it didn’t happen
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Get pregnant! (darn it!) – WOO HOO!
- PR 2 more race distances- even though I didn’t run the last 4 months of the year I still managed to pull this one off! – WOO HOO
- Live more in the present – the jury is still out on this one
- Take a vacation – took a mini vacation to St. Augustine – not sure if this counts.
- Find a church- didn’t happen
- Run a half marathon distance (or race) before the end of the year (after taking 10 months off, not sure how long this goal will take to achieve!)
- Live more in the present – I’m keeping this one with the babies coming – if I need this one I need it now more than ever as I am sure they will grow like weeds and one day I’ll wake up and wonder where the time went
- Be the best mom I can be
- Be flexible
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Jenny gave birth to Landon in the fall
- Megan S. had Harper this summer
- Jenna had Nolan in the fall
- Tiffany is due in a few weeks (again not in 2012 but close enough)
- Megan H. had Lucas early this year
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- A good friend of mine committed suicide this summer 😦
5. What countries did you visit?
- Does Ohio count? Because its a really long drive.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
- Job stability
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January 14 – crossed the finish line of my second marathon. My favorite picture of this year was taken that day
- February 20 – Bryan burns himself making fried chicken. A trip to the VA ER is made.
- March 11 – I learn that I have been running incorrectly – for the last 10 years. I spent the better part of the next few months trying to fix this
- May 8 (ish) – Natalie graduates from college and we have a super fun weekend with contact paper in the process. We take pictures showing our immense maturity.
- May 12( ish) – I decide to let go a little. We build a fence. We buy a new washer and dryer. We replace the downstairs floor.
- Memorial Day – Rachel gets married. I get to be in the wedding. YAY
- July 12 – Our IUI cycle is canceled.I AM PISSED.
- July 28 – I get my second tattoo
- August 1 – I begin BC pills for the IVF
- August 19- my 30th birthday. I attempted to make it big by skydiving, but it got canceled. Twice. I play a long weekend of softball tournament instead. We win. 🙂
- September 18 – my first ever positive pregnancy test
- October 4- we learn that both eggs stuck – we are having twins!
- December 14 – we learn that Bubbles and Squishy are a girl and a boy!
- December 25 – we publicly announce the boy and girl news
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Finishing the marathon. Even though I’ve done this once, training sucks so much out of you that I consider both a huge accomplishment
- Finally letting go a little (see above)
- WOO HOO we’re pregnant!
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Spending over half the year worrying and stressing about getting pregnant. I’m not even sure how much time I wished and stressed away. (unfortunately this still holds true from the year before – though I think I did better overall this year)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Other than the standard infertility and allergies, not really.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- New floors!!
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Mortgage and bills, IVF
13. What did you get really excited about?
- Running races, pregnancy
14. What song will always remind you of 2012
- songs remind me more of events than years. So I guess maybe Titanium.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- – happier or sadder? happier!
- – thinner or fatter? HA Fatter!
- – richer or poorer? About the same
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Vacations – mini or otherwise
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Stress about money – everything turned out to be fine
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- Went to Ohio to visit my mom, dad, sister, grandfather and aunt. It may very well be his last Christmas this year. 😦
19. What was your favorite TV program?
- Modern Family
- Sister Wives
- Breaking Amish
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
- 50 Shades of Grey ( I know, I know ). I was lame and did not read much this year.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
- The new Muse album
- Maroon 5 – One More Night
- Ace of Base – I resurrected this one
- Bruno Mars – Locked out of Heaven
- Titanium – David Guetta
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
- The Hunger Games
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- The big 30! I was supposed to go skydiving with a friend, but it was canceled due to weather. We ended up having dinner where B and I got engaged with a few friend who could make it last minute, and spent a night downtown.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- You know…..nothing.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
- I so don’t care. I just buy what I think is cute. And on sale. Bonus if its both.
26. What kept you sane?
- My husband
- My friends
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
- Expect the unexpected. Sometimes there just isn’t a good reason why things happen. In the end, though, I think it all turns out ok. At least it better.