Hard to believe I’m already in my 3rd year of blogging. A recap of 2013. (Click the links to see a recap of 2011 and 2012)
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
- Carried and gave birth to twins!
- Took a 9.5 month break from running
- Broke a bone
- Was asked if I was handicapped
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Run a half marathon distance (or race) before the end of the year (after taking 10 months off, not sure how long this goal will take to achieve!) YES!
- Live more in the present – I’m keeping this one with the babies coming – if I need this one I need it now more than ever as I am sure they will grow like weeds and one day I’ll wake up and wonder where the time went – I’D SAY THIS IS PARTIALLY ACHIEVED
- Be the best mom I can be – ONGOING
- Be flexible – ALSO ONGOING
- Run 6 half marathons (pending this most recent butt/back injury)
- PR a race
- Make it to a year of breastfeeding
- Read 25 books
- Spend less time glued to my phone
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Many blogging and twitter friends that I’ve met this year have given birth – most of which have battled infertility (yay!)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- We lost my grandfather at the beginning of this year
5. What countries did you visit?
- Um, that would be zero. A big fat zero.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
- a vacation! A nice one!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- February 18 – the big vehicle debacle is solved
- March – baby showers for ME!
- May 14 – Our twins are born
- July 20 – My sister gets married and we make our first LOOOONG trek with the babies
- August 19 – I turn 31. It’s not the most exciting birthday plan wise, but still one for the books since I got to spend it with Bryan, Abby and Miles
- August 24 – My first comeback race
- September 19 – Feverish, I get up to go to the bathroom, trip over a bouncy seat and break my first bone
- December 14 – my first comeback half marathon
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Carrying twins to our scheduled c- section day of 38 weeks
- Running a half marathon 7 months post-partum
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Wasting time with worry and stress continues to be my biggest issue
- My biggest FAIL? Tripping over a bouncy seat and breaking my pinky toe
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- The aforementioned broken toe
- A horrible virus of some kind that took me down for a week and carried with it a 6 day fever. UGH
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- Baby stuff
- New to us SUV
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Mortgage and medical bills
13. What did you get really excited about?
- The babies
- Getting back into running
14. What song will always remind you of 2013
- Hmmm…..probably MUSE – Liquid State. I bet it listened to it the most
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- – happier or sadder? happier!
- – thinner or fatter? well thinner, but that’s because I was pregnant for much of the year 🙂
- – richer or poorer? definitely a little poorer, but no complaints here 🙂
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- spent more quality time with Bryan
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- spend time online and on my phone
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- My parents, sister and brother in law spent the day at our house
19. What was your favorite TV program?
- Modern Family
- Sister Wives
- Breaking Bad – we watched the entire series over a matter of a couple weeks
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
- Man, I REALLY didn’t read much this year.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
- Lady Gaga – Applause
- Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
- AWOLNATION – Sail
- Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child
- The Neighhorhood – Sweater Weather
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
- The Hunger Games
- Despicable Me 2
- I didn’t watch that many movies either. I did watch the entire series of Gilmore Girls again though.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned 31. I honestly don’t remember what we did. I think we went to dinner. I did get an awesome GPS watch and Hybrid bike as gifts. Best husband ever.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- I don’t think anything would have brought satisfaction that I’d consider immeasurable. I’d have liked to fix up our bathroom or do a few home fix up type things but nothing really necessary. Maybe something that would magically erase my debt?
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
- I so don’t care. I just buy what I think is cute. And on sale. Bonus if its both. (This totally hasn’t changed)
26. What kept you sane?
- My husband
- My friends
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
- Healing….every kind, takes time.