I was planning on trying to create my own post about 2011, and then found this nifty template courtesy of Unruffled Lanie, who got it courtesy of All and Sundry. Thanks, because I like this version much better.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
- Ran my first marathon
- Was part of a Flash Mob with a group of friends from work (you can see the back of me at about 45 seconds – I’m wearing jeans and a green shirt…probably closest to the coolest thing ever.)
- PR’d a 5k and half marathon
- Saw the Tran sSiberian Orchestra
- Had a vulture fly into my car
- Woke up in the morning to find underwear on my windshield
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I didn’t make any
- Get pregnant! (darn it!)
- PR 2 more race distances
- Live more in the present
- Take a vacation
- Find a church
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Jenny gave birth to Landon in May.
- Leslie gave birth to Landen on September 27. I was there when he was born and am really happy that I could be. He had some issues at birth but is a tough little guy.
- Megan is due in a few weeks. She won’t give birth until 2012 but I wanted to add her anyway.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?
- None. Just the good old US of A
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
- A baby
- Less stress over things I can’t control
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January 16 – Finished my first marathon
- February 20 – First visit to RE
- May 14 – Flash Mob!
- August 19 – hubby throws me awesome surprise birthday party
- September 11 – first anniversary
- October 24 – Ran 5th Half Marathon and PR’d the crap out of it!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Finishing my first marathon
- Maintaining sanity despite infertility (trust me, its not easy)
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Spending over half the year worrying and stressing about getting pregnant. I’m not even sure how much time I wished and stressed away.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Diagnosed with asthma
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- Gutters for the house (yeah it was a lame year)
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Mortgage and bills, eating out, fertility related crap, savings
13. What did you get really excited about?
- Finishing a marathon, training for the second, blogging, my job
14. What song will always remind you of 2011
- Katy Perry – ET
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- – happier or sadder? A little of both
- – thinner or fatter? Same
- – richer or poorer? Poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Feel bitter
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- Went to Ohio to visit my mom, dad, sister, grandfather and aunt. Ran 20 miles with a good, and also crazy runner friend. Saw my old college roommate who I hadn’t seen in 5 years.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
- Modern Family
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
- The Hunger Games series
- The Help
- Out of My Mind
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
- Katy Perry – ET
- Adele – Set Fire to the Rain
- Selena Gomez – Love You Like A Love Song
- Alexandra Stan – Mr Saxobeat
- Bruno Mars – It Will Rain
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
- The Help
- Harry Potter
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I met a friend for a massage and dinner. When we got home I was greeted by about 30 of my friends that my husband had invited for a fertility themed surprise party complete with a sperm-chasing-an-egg cake and a phallic looking pinata. It was fabulous. I turned 29.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- The appearance of a magical fertility fairy (since the disappearance of infertility is pretty much impossible, I might as well go all out in my wish 🙂 )
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
- I so don’t care. I just buy what I think is cute. And on sale. Bonus if its both.
26. What kept you sane?
- My husband
- My friends
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
- Worrying, jealousy and bitterness do nothing but make you more miserable.
- I can do, and tolerate more than I thought I was capable of.
January 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm
The flash mob looks like so much fun. How did it get organized? It’s just the kind of thing I would do. I love the New Years template. Hope it’s ok if I use it for a blog post, linking back to you and others of course!
January 1, 2012 at 2:23 pm
It was organized by a local dance company. A friend found the ad for it somewhere. Please feel free to use the template!!
January 1, 2012 at 7:12 pm
That’s a boat load of 2011 right there! I think it’s so valuable to go through the reflection, to really think and verbalize what has happened, what it meant to you, what is still left to do. I believe that only spurs and acellerates us to get there with more clarity.
PS I also hope you find a church! 🙂
January 2, 2012 at 12:26 am
I think I’m going to do this (in non-blog form) with Adam…glad to have been a part of another year with you, friend! 2012 is going to be a year of changes…I can feel it!
January 3, 2012 at 11:04 pm
I love your attitude! You always seem to have such a bright deposition and it cheers me up to read about all the good in your life the past year!
January 3, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Thanks!! I’m not always this bright but I try!