Geez, in a week I’m going to have two 6 month olds.
It sounds crazy but really each day that goes by they become more and more fun. Miles has started to babble – mostly when he is chewing on (yes, chewing) his pacifier. His favorite sounds so far are da and ga. I’ve taken them on several runs and it makes me very happy that they tolerate the jogging stroller well. I took on and survived my first stint of solo parenting for 4 days while Bryan went out of town for work. Sleep wasn’t the best but other than that it wasn’t too bad. Afterwards I felt brave and decided to take on my first solo (with babies) trip to the grocery store. Miles sat in a built in infant seat in the cart and I wore Abby. She was an absolute crack up – smiling, laughing and squealing at everything. Miles just stared. Lots of people stared too, but we are used to that. 🙂
Abby isn’t getting on her knees yet but is still making small attempts to scoot. Yikes. Mostly though, she just rolls across the room. She is off to conquer the world, one roll at a time. They have also tried several different kinds of puree, including bananas, peaches and sweet potato. Peaches are not Miles’ favorite. Abby eats whatever we give her. In fact, she starts to get upset when I don’t feed her fast enough. Go figure.
As for me, I went on my first long run (10 miles) now that my toe has healed in preparation for the half in December. I’m also keeping bouncy seats stored in the corners.
- Discovering each other is becoming more interesting
- We celebrate our first Halloween and naturally mom puts us in silly costumes
- Someone left a jack o lantern on the front lawn
- Aunt Natalie and Uncle Greg hang out with us and pass out candy. (No one will give us any candy though)
- Mom and dad think its funny to try to stack us like blocks
- We all go out to eat
- Finally, Miles decides he wants to get into caffeine at an early age