Oh man. Bryan said recently that it seems like the babies are changing every day – and it’s true. They will be moving before we know it. At the risk of sounding like a bad parent, I put them on the floor to do something like make a cup of coffee as much as I can, only because I know that if I try to do that in a few weeks I’ll be running back into the family room to keep small hands from unplugging the television. Probably while spilling the coffee. After tripping over the other baby. Only to have to plug the TV back in anyway. Then I’ll spend nap time purchasing a
baby jail play yard on Amazon.
Miles is officially a sitter. Not just for a few seconds anymore, either. He can sit and watch a toy, grab for a toy and reposition himself. Abby still needs a little hoppy protection while sitting, but she’s getting there. Both babble like crazy. We were able to drop a nursing session this weekend successfully, but are still taking 3 naps (two longer, one catnap). Their favorite food so far is the baby oatmeal/fruit mix, and I get to add carrots to my list of veggies successfully pureed (you can tell its been an exciting week).
- Miles sits to play with his toys like a big boy
- His balance is a bit off sometimes, though, as he takes his first bathtub nosedive
- He snuggles with Aunt Natalie
- And lets me know that I just might have missed his critical nap window
- He decides to become one with his inner duck
- Aaaand every single picture I planned to post this week is of Miles
- I resolve to fix this next week.
- Finally, we take a nice mother son portrait