2016 was actually a great, busy and productive year for me. Honestly, I’m looking forward to slowing down a bit in 2017.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
- Finished an Ironman distance triathlon
- Received an ACE award from my professional organization (after you earn 70 hours of continuing education over a consecutive 3 year period)
- Won an age group award for the James Island Sprint Triathlon Series
- Cleaned my house 15,000 times a day
- Heard the word “mommy” 50 million times a day
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Finish a Half Ironman (bonus: this is also a bucket list item!) – Joke’s on me – I finished a full!
- Find something to invest some money in (stock, gold whatever) – nope
- Start attending church more regularly ( or at all, really ) we did, finally!
- Run a 5k in under 22 minutes nope, though this got trumped by resolution number one
- Volunteer somewhere a few times this year bah – nope
- Get more involved in church
- Run a 5k in under 22 minutes
- PR a half marathon
- Focus more on family
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- I’m in my 30’s, so yes
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Thankfully, no
5. What countries did you visit?
- Still zero
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
- The ability to take a deep breath before I get frustrated
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January – Ran the Disney Marathon with (though I use the word with loosely) a childhood friend, and PR my marathon time
- March – Ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon and PR my marathon time again! Tammie qualifies for Boston with plenty of time to spare!
- March – run my first team relay, and also happened to be the first time I get (and run with) bronchitis
- May – twins turn THREE!
- September – South Carolina gets hit with Hurricane Matthew, which, thankfully, is much milder than originally predicted. We sat the storm out. We lost power for a few hours, but luckily sustained no other major damage.
- October -Finish Ironman North Carolina, though in a bit of a different way. The hurricane forced closure of half the bike course, turning my swim, bike, run into a swim, bike, run, bike.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Ironman. Definitely Ironman.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Frustration, just too much unnecessary frustration
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- NO! WOO HOO!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- New king size bedroom set
12. Where did most of your money go?
- House stuff, surprisingly. We had to replace the A/C unit, re paved the patio and replaced our bedroom set.
13. What did you get really excited about?
- Hitting new PR’s and milestones in training
- Becoming CKTP certified
- Our pending vacation in January! A real, non race related one!
14. What song will always remind you of 2015?
- Rise – Katy Perry
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- – happier or sadder? happier!
- – thinner or fatter? about the same
- – richer or poorer? poorer, but thats ok.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Really nothing aside from maybe spend more time with family. That is my focus for 2017. There was a LOT of focus on me this year.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- get frustrated over unimportant stuff
- cared so much about a clean house
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- At home. We opened a few presents at home and then had another at my sisters house. We also had Christmas dinner there. Christmas was cool this year because he twins are finally old enough to understand Santa and presents.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
- This Is US
- Sister Wives (yes, still)
- Gilmore Girls!
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I didn’t read much this year either, but I enjoyed Jodi Picoult’s new book and am recently re-reading some of the Left Behind series
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
- Rise – Katy Perry
- The Weeknd – Starboy
- Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
- Stand By You – Rachel Platten
22. What were your favorite films of the year
I think I honestly watched ONE movie that I hadn’t already seen.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned 34. My birthday fell on a Friday this year, so I did a 4 hour training ride and then hosted a birthday/tri party at our neighborhood pool
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- I don’t think anything would have brought satisfaction that I’d consider immeasurable.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
- Scrub pants, t shirts and workout clothes.
26. What kept you sane?
- Getting good consistent sleep!
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
- You can always do more than you think you can do
Click me! I like comments!