Yeah, so it has been a long time since I’ve published a blog, and the vast majority of them this year were sparse, and fitness related. Part of me wonders if maybe the time has come to end the blog, but regardless I want to post my summaries of the year (fitness and not fitness) because it has been nice to read back on them.
1. My main goal for this 2016 was: to finish a Half Ironman, turned into a full Ironman, thanks to some
pushy encouraging friends and a beer.
2. My Running Shoes: Mizuno Wave Inspire, changed to Wave Rider and the On Cloud by December
3. Favorite running gear item of 2016: Still the Garmin
4. Playlist screenshot: Too lazy for a screenshot- so here are my top 10 most played songs (usually while running)
- The Weekend – Starboy
- Twenty One Pilots – Heathens
- Macklemore – Dance Off
- Cutting Crew – I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight
- Unspoken – Higher
- Rasmus – In the Shadows
- Katy Perry – Rise
- Genesis – Land of Confusion
- Marilyn Manson – Personal Jesus
- Rachel Platten – Stand by You
5. Number of races- Break it down:
5k – 1 standalone (Nexton Cocoa Cup)
10k – 0
Half – 1 (Sweet Tea Half Marathon)
Marathon – 2 (Disney and Myrtle Beach Marathon)
Triathlons – 6 ( 3 James Island Sprints, 1 unofficial olympic and one Ironman)
6. Most difficult race & why: The Ironman, because it’s an Ironman.
7. Favorite fun run: none this year
8. Favorite course: eh, no favorites.
9. Race I want to run again: Nexton and Sweet Tea (no, not the Ironman, at least not anytime soon)
10. Best bling/shirt from a race: Beach to Battleship pajama pants!
11. PR/PB: Marathon – 3:45:08, Sprint Tri – 1:15:55, Ironman – 13:30 ish (the recap explains the “ish”)
12. Longest run: 26.2 miles
13. Out of state runs: Ironman race in Wilmington, NC
14. Total miles
- Run: 1, 184 (could finish around 1200)
- Bike: 2, 555
- Swim: 107
Just for fun (though not sure how accurate this is), Garmin says I’ve burned 207,000 calories. I’ve traveled 3,851 miles between everything, and spent over 430 hours training!
15. Favorite motivational/inspirational quote of 2016: To accomplish something extraordinary, one must have an extraordinary dream. A goal so high, a journey so demanding, that its achievement to most seems impossible. IRONMAN is a statement of excellence, passion, commitment. It is a test of physical toughness and mental strength. IRONMAN is about persevering, enduring and being a part of something larger than ourselves. It shows the heights that can be achieved when we push beyond our boundaries and go the distance to earn the title… IRONMAN!
16. Lessons I’ve learned: You can make time for anything if you want it badly enough.
17. Injuries I battled and overcame: NONE this year! WOO HOO!
18. 3-5 Most inspiring people: List their blog, twitter or instagram-wherever you follow them:
As lame as this sounds, I can’t pick just 3 people this year. I was inspired by everyone training for the Ironman with me.
19. Favorite place on social media to connect with runners: Facebook
20. 2 goals for next year: 1. PR the Half Marathon 2. PR the 5k (I’m good with some shorter races for awhile!)