1. My main goal for this 2015 was: finish a post twins marathon
2. My Running Shoes: Asics GT- 2000
3. Favorite running gear item of 2015: Garmin 920xt – technically triathlon but it tracks running too so it counts.
4. Playlist screenshot: My phone is currently not working, so here are my top 10 most played songs (usually while running)
- Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
- The Hills – The Weeknd
- Worth it – Fifth Harmony
- Stressed Out – Twenty One Pilots
- Stand By You – Rachel Platten
- The Heart Wants What it Wants – Selena Gomez
- Desire – Meg Myers
- Politik – Coldplay
- Most Muse songs
- Black and Yellow (yes, it has a good beat) – Wiz Khalifa
5. Number of races- Break it down:
5k – 4 (Turtle 5k, Sanagree Sombrero 5k, Moms Run 5k, James Island Connector Run)
10k – 0
Half – 1 (Sweet Tea Half Marathon)
Marathon – 1 (Myrtle Beach Marathon)
Other: 2 sprint triathlons (James Island 1 and James Island 2) and 1 olympic distance triathlon (Kiawah)
6. Most difficult race & why: The Sanagree Sombrero 5k – it was humid that day and my sinuses were angry which made for an interesting race
7. Favorite fun run: Insane Inflatables!!!!!
8. Favorite course: eh, no favorites.
9. Race I want to run again: Mom’s Run
10. Best bling/shirt from a race: I won 3rd in my age group at sweet tea and got a nice glass 🙂
11. PR/PB: Half Marathon – 1:44:48/ Marathon 4:02:48
12. Longest run: 20 miles
13. Out of state runs: none
14. Total miles ran: 971.3 – I would have easily gotten 1000 if I hadn’t aggravated my PSOAS and had to skip some runs. Grrrrr.
15. Favorite motivational/inspirational quote of 2015: Nothing worth doing is easy.
16. Lessons I’ve learned: Don’t take finishing for granted!
17. Injuries I battled and overcame: still battling the aggravated PSOAS but getting better
18. 3-5 Most inspiring people: List their blog, twitter or instagram-wherever you follow them:
- Tami – girl finished her 5th FULL ironman this year
- Amy – she works hard, trains hard, and even when she doesn’t do as well as she’d hoped (which usually means she still did pretty well) she has a great attitude about it and just picks up and tries again. You can read her blog here
- Nicolasa – she is training for the Boston Marathon with Team in Training. You can read her blog here
19. Favorite place on social media to connect with runners: Facebook
20. 2 goals for next year: 1. Finish a Half Ironman 2. PR 2 race distances
January 8, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Aww, I am really happy you considered me an inspiring person. I try… you know at this state all of our “beginner gains” are gone and we just have to work hard and keep going.
I can’t wait to track you at Disney and hope you do well. Just be careful with the Psoas and don’t get hurt! Seems like a lot of our speedwork group has been dealing with issues lately and I am just ready for us all to be healthy again. You looked strong on Wednesday night (Sorry I didn’t get to chat much) so that’s a good sign.
January 8, 2016 at 10:03 pm
I kept the speed down Wednesday so as not to aggravate it. It still isn’t 100% and I look forward to when I can really try to run faster paces again but for right now I just need to get through the race Sunday 🙂 If you want I can sign you up to get text splits Sunday, but like I said before it should also post to Facebook 🙂
January 8, 2016 at 10:48 pm
I’ll just check Facebook. I know those Run Disney races start early and right now, I need every wink of sleep I can get to make up for the deficit I’m in…