I expected to have this post up earlier this week, but Paul, who has been collaborating with me on this, was out of the office for a few days, and so the blog got a little neglected again…..still, I am very excited to be hosting another Jord Watch giveaway, and this time just in time for Fathers Day!
What makes these watches stand out from the rest is that they are wood watches. The band and border are made of cherry, maple, natural green or zebra wood with a face of cherry, black, maple, rose gold, mother of pearl, and turquoise just to name a few. I choose to try the Ely – Cherry pictured above. The watch arrived just a few days after I was notified that the order was placed. Immediately following the order I received an email with details on my order and once it was shipped I received an email confirming its shipment with tracking information. The watch arrived in a well sealed box, and, in my opinion, was packaged very nicely.I did need to have the watch sized, but this was something that was easily (and fairly cheaply, it cost me about $10) resolved after a visit to a local jeweler. I admit that I worried a little that the watch would be too big for my wrist, as the watches I’ve owned are about half the size of this particular watch face, but after wearing it for an hour or so it didn’t feel too large at all. In fact, I have received several compliments on it. After wearing it for a couple of days, I noticed that the hour hand had gotten stuck. I was able to move it backwards but not forwards beyond 3:00. It was disappointing but also gave me the opportunity to test out Jord’s customer service. I contacted the person who reached out to me about the review and he immediately shipped me a brand new watch (and sized it for me) no questions asked. It arrived in about 3 days and contained a return label – all I had to do was repackage the broken watch, put it back in the box, slap the prepaid return label on and put it back in my mailbox. I was very impressed with the level of service. Overall pro/cons
- The watch arrived in a timely manner from the time it was ordered. I appreciated an email confirming the order and an email confirming and tracking shipping.
- The watch appeared to be well made and while it definitely looked nice on the internet, it was much prettier in person.
- I was impressed with the customer service when I had an issue with the watch. Returning the broken one was super easy.
- The watch was packaged nicely.
- After several months the watch still looks great! I’ve had a couple people ask me if they could have it 🙂
- I had to have the watch sized. This turned out to be a minor issue, but still required an extra trip (and $10) to have it done since I don’t own the tools necessary to do it myself.
- My first watch had an issue, however was quickly replaced and have had no issues with the replacement.
Jord has offered another $129 gift certificate which can be used towards the purchase of any of their watches. (This would cover the full cost of the Ely, or Fieldcrest in any color, or all but $10 of the Sully in any color. As previously mentioned, it could also go towards the purchase of any other watch. My personal favorite is the Cora.) With Fathers Day just around the corner, one of these watches would make a great gift for dad. But, if you’re a woman searching for a nice watch for yourself there are both mens and women’s watches. Click below (under the picture) and enter via rafflecopter. The contest will end Friday June 19th. Good luck and feel free to spread the word!