1. Why do you run?
I started and still run to combat stress. It helped me pull through depression, a divorce, infertility and keeps me sane for everything else in between. Now I hope to use it to be a good example for the twins – to show them healthy ways to cope when life is unfair (because it is) or deals you a crappy hand of cards. On the other hand, it can also be used to celebrate victories and create memories.
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?
National Running Day falls on Speedwork Wednesday. A local group meets at the high school track to become speedy :).
3. How many miles have you run so far this year?
Not a ton. 393, but once end of spring hit I took a break from running and have been doing more biking and swimming 🙂
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?
Ran my 3rd marathon in February. After that mostly small running races. Planning to do 3 sprint and one olympic distance triathlon, a couple half marathons at the end of the year, and my 4th marathon early next year.
5. Before I leave for a run you must have:
My garmin, my phone (music) and my inhaler. Shoes help, too 🙂
6. Do you have one favorite app to track your runs?
I use my Garmin 920xt. No phone apps. I do listen to Zombies, Run sometimes though.
7. Who is your favorite running partner?
I don’t really have a favorite. It’s just nice to have company.
8. What races have you ran so far this year?
February 14, 2015: Myrtle Beach Marathon
March 21, 2015: Turtle 5k
May 2015: Sangaree Sombrero 5k
May 2015: Moms Run 5k
9. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be?
Never underestimate the power of a good easy run.
10. Describe your relationship with running in one word:
Join in the interview linkup: