Hard to believe I’m already in my 4th year of blogging. A recap of 2014. (Click the links to see a recap of 2011, 2012 and 2013)
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
- Hurt my back
- Competed in my first sprint (or any, for that matter) triathlon
- Swam for longer than it takes to get from one end of the pool to the other
- Got Invisalign
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- Run 6 half marathons (pending this most recent butt/back injury) – Nope, it took longer than I hoped to recover so I only ran 2
- PR a race – YES – thought it was a “post baby” PR, I still haven’t gotten as fast as pre baby
- Make it to a year of breastfeeding YES – though technically a few days shy, I still count it
- Read 25 books NOPE – I’m honestly not sure how many I read, but no more than 10-15
- Spend less time glued to my phone NOPE
- Run a post baby marathon
- Finish an Olympic Distance Triathlon
- Come up with and follow a financial plan
- Do a “pay it forward” once a month
- Earn 2.0 CEU’s to go towards an ACE award in 2016
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Too many to count
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Thankfully, no
5. What countries did you visit?
- Um, that would be zero. A big fat zero. (again)
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
- a vacation! A nice one! Because we didn’t take one in 2014 either.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- July 27 – my first sprint triathlon!
- August 19 – my 32nd birthday and another attempt at a pic with the twins gone wrong
- September 17 – I finished my tattoo
- October 20 – my first post injury half marathon and mini vacation
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Surviving with semblance of my sanity and fitness intact
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Wasting time with worry and stress continues to be my biggest issue (again)
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Injured SI joint
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- Triathlon bike!
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Bills – isn’t it always bills?
- My ridiculous fitness habit
13. What did you get really excited about?
- Triathlons, surprisingly
- Watching the twins grow up
14. What song will always remind you of 2014?
- Rude by MAGIC! No idea why.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- – happier or sadder? happier!
- – thinner or fatter? about the same
- – richer or poorer? definitely poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- be present with my family
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- stress about money
- worry about things out of my control
18. How did you spend Christmas?
- My parents, sister and brother in law spent the day at our house
19. What was your favorite TV program?
- Modern Family
- Sister Wives (yes, I know)
- Ink Master
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
- Jodi Picoult – The Storyteller
- The Divergent series
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
- Love Runs Out – One Republic
- Desire – Meg Myers
- Rude – MAGIC!
- Dark Horse – Katy Perry
- When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
- The Hunger Games – didn’t watch many movies this year either.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned 32. We spent the day shopping, getting new running shoes and had dinner with a few friends/family. Bryan had planned a surprise party for me, but it had to be canceled after both the twins got sick :(.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- I don’t think anything would have brought satisfaction that I’d consider immeasurable.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
- I so don’t care. I just buy what I think is cute. And on sale. Bonus if its both. (This totally hasn’t changed)
26. What kept you sane?
- My husband
- My friends
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
- Nothing worth doing is easy