I’ve seen these posts but have never done one myself, but it seems to fit today since I was just sitting here thinking about how I’d like to blog but aren’t sure how to tie the million thoughts together than I have in my brain.
1. I’m feeling like my blog is hanging in this weird area. It’s not really an infertility blog, humor blog, or a fitness blog or a mommy blog. It was meant to be a “whatever” blog but I feel like maybe I’m trying to include too much. But I don’t feel like I’m a fitness blogger, I don’t feel like I’m a mommy blogger and I don’t feel like I’m strictly a humor blogger. I want to put together something that encompasses all these things and I feel like lately I’m sucking at it. It seems like my interest is down. And I’m annoyed that that bothers me because the blog was supposed to be for me, not anyone else.
2. I hate having asthma.
3. Between toddlers, exercise, work, blogging, trying to keep the house from blowing up and attempting to maintain friendships and a marriage, sometimes I feel like I’m being spread too thin. At the end of the day I most often berate myself for spending time cleaning that I could have spent with the twins, or with Bryan.
4. I got a manicure for the first time in months and actually really like having my nails painted.
5. I could really be nicer to my husband. Clutter makes me anxious, and I don’t often deal with it well. I nag. I pick. I get upset over stupid things. He’s told me this before and yet old habits die hard. I need to start doing nice things more often, think about what he does do more often, appreciate him more often. It is difficult to get out of a negative mindset. We are supposed to be partners, and I don’t always treat him that way.
6. I could literally sit and watch episode after episode of Gilmore Girls and not get tired of it.
7. I am worried that I don’t know how to raise toddlers. Sometimes I have a short fuse, and I worry that I do and will raise my voice too often and say no too much.
8. I still chuckle when I think about how, when my parents came to visit this past weekend, I changed some of the shortcuts on her iPhone. (For example, when she typed house, it changed it to hillbilly shack, and yes became yellow submarine. How became gherkin pickle.) She was so confused.
9. It used to really annoy me when people would tell me “you’ll understand when….”. I get it now.
10. What did the fish say when it hit the wall?
December 2, 2014 at 10:16 pm
I love this post and I can relate to so many things you said. Maybe it can just be an honest “someone who lived with infertility and now has toddlers but who also exercises and has a great sense of humor” blog? Whatever it turns into you have a loyal reader here. 🙂
December 2, 2014 at 10:23 pm
LOL I’d totally use that as my tag line but I think people would get confused. 🙂
December 2, 2014 at 10:40 pm
Bob and I are the opposite of you and Bryan. Clutter irritates him and also makes him anxious. When it’s not a good day for him, clutter will make him mad. I try my best to keep the house clean and tidy but it doesn’t always happen.
December 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Funny! I bet the 4 of us would get along well!
December 2, 2014 at 10:44 pm
I used to have an “everything” blog. It’s hard – I didn’t have time to actually write about everything, and then it became hard to pick. I think picking some sort of theme makes it easier for you – not sure if it makes a big difference for readers 😉
December 2, 2014 at 10:47 pm
Ironically im finding the more topics i have to write about the less I seem to write! But Im not sure I write enough about any one thing to pick. Maybe I meed a schedule. Like Monday fitness,Wednesdsy humor, Saturday mom stuff. Or something.
December 2, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Anything that works for you 🙂
December 2, 2014 at 10:44 pm
No matter what you blog about I love reading it! And I had more fun when you n Natalie were planning the shortcuts for your moms phone: Miles “Chunky Monkey'” n Abby “Drama Queen”.
December 3, 2014 at 8:56 am
I definitely have the same feeling about my blog theme. I like the style of your ten thoughts. A nice laugh for every sorrow. 🙂 Hang in there. (Part of why babies start so little is so that we can grow with them. I really don’t know what I’m doing either but they are 3 and still alive.)
December 3, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Glad Im not alone!
December 3, 2014 at 8:24 pm
With the exception of the twins part, I could have written this!! I also have an extremely short fuse and know that I have no idea how to raise a toddler. Every day is a test. I’m right there with you!
December 3, 2014 at 8:57 pm
Glad its not just me. Its hard to not feel along sometimes!
December 4, 2014 at 1:38 am
Numbers 3, 5, 6, and 7? Soooooo me!!! I totally get it. And you may not be a strictly humor blogger, but you sure do have a way of making me laugh. Every time! 🙂
December 6, 2014 at 3:38 pm
I like that your blog is a mixture of things – I think it makes you more relatable because life involves all those areas. I personally get sick of reading about only one topic. And I totally understand about marrI age and raising toddlers. I’ve been very impatient with both my spouse and daughter lately. It’s hard to not beat myself up about it but the most I can do is apologize and try to prevent the situations that provoke me.