Oh my goodness. Week 42 means only 10 weeks until their first birthday.
Abby says “hi” to everyone she feels comfortable around, often several times :). She prefers to stand rather than sit but isn’t pulling up from a seated position just yet (unless she’s on my knees). We swear she’s also saying “daddy” but I’m still not sure it has a meaning at this point. Miles is pretty proficient at army crawling and is close to getting from laying to sitting, but still hasn’t quite gotten it yet. They are also both really proficient at creating a water mess during bath time – they LOVE splashing!
For once in his life Miles is NOT the easy going, laid back baby. In fact, he starts showing some definite stranger anxiety. I unofficially dub week 42 as “the week of lots of crying” (and not much sleep for us). We had lots of visitors this week including my parents, my aunt and her friend.
The babies participated in their first 5k and were even awarded little finisher medals. Perhaps not surprisingly, they were the hit of the race among adults and teens alike. Abby also becomes a little food thief and attempts to devour my scone.
Lots of pictures this week!
- Abby is a scone stealer
- Babies get their first medals
- Miles sports an actual hat for once, and looks pretty cute doing so
- Abby shows off a new dress and new sandals
- They enjoy some new presents
- Miles gets some new clothes too
- He hangs out with Aunt Natalie for awhile
- They take a short break from splashing in order to stare at the wonder of falling water