2013 wasn’t a very exciting running year as I only logged miles for about 4 months of it once you take the pregnancy, birth and broken toe recovery into consideration. Still, I got back into it again and the way I look at it, that’s all that matters.
1. My main goal for this 2013 was: Complete a half marathon after the birth of the twins
2. My Running Shoes: Brooks Pure Cadence (LOVE!)
3. Favorite running gear item of 2013: My new Garmin Forerunner 10
4. Playlist screenshot: I can’t get my whole playlist on it so here is a list of my Top 25 (and not surprisingly the music I most often listen to while running)
- Lady Gaga- Applause
- Muse – Liquid State
- David Guetta Fit Sia – Tianium
- Linkin Park -A Light That Never Comes
- Coldplay – Politik
- Muse – Follow Me
- Selena Gomez – Love You Like a Love Song
- Imagine Dragons – Radioactive
- Neon Jungle – Trouble
- E.S. Posthumus – Moonlight Sonata
- Katy Perry – E.T.
- Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines
- Love and Rockets – So Alive
- AWOLNATION – Sail
- Muse – Dark Shines
- Fall Out Boy – My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark
- Evanescence – Missing
- Muse – Micro Cuts
- Muse – Liquid State
- Fastball – The Way
- Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child
- Ace of Base – Don’t Turn Around
- Maroon 5 – One More Night
- Queen – The Show Must Go On
- Ace of Base – Happy Nation
5. Number of races: Break it down:
3k – 0
5k – 1
10k – 0
Half – 1
Marathon – 0
6. Most difficult race & why: I guess the 5k simply because it was so humid and it was my first race post partum
7. Favorite fun run: n/a
8. Favorite course: none
9. Race I want to run again: possibly the Kiawah half again, though getting my packet was a nightmare
10. Best bling/shirt from a race: I only had one “bling” so I guess that’s it. 🙂
11. PR/PB: no new PR’s this year
12. Longest run: 15 miles
13. Out of state runs: Savannah, Georgia and Brunswick, Ohio
14. Total miles ran: roughly 359, probably 375-400 ish by the official end of the year
15. Favorite motivational/inspirational quote of 2013: Dead last finish is better than did not finish, which trumps did not start.
16. Lessons I’ve learned: This would seem like common sense but: recovery really takes time!
17. Injuries I battled and overcame: my broken toe
18. 3-5 Most inspiring people: List their blog, twitter or instagram-wherever you follow them: I know you’re going to find this hard to believe, but none of these people have a blog or twitter.
- Lynnsey – my running buddy
- Jenny – we don’t keep in touch much anymore but somehow she manages to run marathons (Boston included), work full time and be an amazing mom to her husband and two boys. I have no idea how she does it.
- Bryant – training for an Ironman! Makes me tired thinking about it!
19. Favorite place on social media to connect with runners: definitely Twitter this year
20. 2 goals for next year: 1. PR something. 2. run 6 half marathons