It has been a big week around here!
We officially have 2 sitters! Not just for a couple of minutes, either. Both of them sat and played with toys for almost a half hour the other day. Both have started showing more interest in the dogs – in fact sometimes I’ll be holding Abby and suddenly she will just giggle at the dog, who is doing nothing but moving his ears at the time. Of course it was Thanksgiving this week so they had their first taste of mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie (just the filling) and Cool Whip. I also brought out the sippy cup to try during mealtimes. So far Abby has gotten some water out of it, but mostly they just gum it. Nom nom nom nom.
Miles is showing a sudden interest in books now, which is awesome. Abby can still take them or leave them, partly I think because they require her to sit still, something she is not very good at (I dunno anyone else in the house like that, either…..). He even started grabbing my aunts hand to turn the page when she was done reading. I didn’t believe it until I saw it myself. They saw Christmas lights for the first time, but I didn’t get a picture of it because they basically just stared. Miles does have an affinity for the sparkly snowflake ornaments though. Who can blame him? They are sparkly.
Beware the upcoming picture overload.
No, seriously. There are many.
- We have a green sock day
- Abby’s tiny feet FINALLY fit into a pair of shoes (made for 0-3 month olds)
- We celebrate our first Thanksgiving
- Of course we have to take a family photo
- We have our first “turkey dinner”
- Miles’ new nickname becomes “squash face”
- Abby shows us how much she likes Turkey Day
- They show off fashionable goatees
- We hang out
- Read with grandpa
- And compose our next symphony
- Abby tries out a sippy
- Of course we have to do our jobs…..look cute
- And we take our first ride on the swings
December 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm
Looks like a great first Thanksgiving!
December 5, 2013 at 5:55 pm
They look so sweet in the swing! I want to try that with my twins 🙂