Boy are we starting to see some personalities come out of the twins recently. I think we are going through another Wonder Week, though this one should be more fondly (sarcasm) referred to as Wonder Month (roughly 14.5-19.5 weeks, though I think we started it about a week earlier). During this period of time, it says that the babies will begin to learn the following skills:
- Suddenly very active; one moment he is taking a rest, the next suddenly moving about (they both do this)
- Hardly misses when grasping (both do this)
- Puts mothers hand in mouth (not yet)
- Pulls cloth away from face (haven’t tried this yet)
- Hits table with a toy (not yet)
- Is busy with an activity center (both do this on the play mat if this is what they mean by activity center)
- Searches to see where mom and dad are (not sure, but they do sometimes get fussy when I’m gone)
- Reacts to mirror image (not sure)
- Responds to name (not yet)
- Uses consonants (Abby has used an M a couple times on accident)
- Pushes breast away when they’ve had enough (not yet)
- Grumbles when impatient (more like screams)
One thing is for sure, both have decided that when they want attention, they want attention NOW. Not tomorrow, not in a minute, but YESTERDAY. Miss Abby has become MUCH more talkative and smiley. Miles has developed an apocalypse cry of his own. Both are drooling fairly constantly and/or blowing spit bubbles. I’ve gotten drool in my mouth several times (but I’ll take that over spit up).
Running continues to go pretty well. I’ve kinda mostly almost decided to run the Half Marathon in October (if you’ve seen that I’ve registered already, technically that belongs in next weeks’ update, so shhhh). I’ve been throwing in some more “serious” training runs on the treadmill that incorporate both speedwork (eh) and hills (hate). A blog about that more specifically to come.
Time for bullets!
- I ran my first Comeback 5k
- My friend who is currently watching the babies while I work takes them to her sons school for Meet the Teacher. The visit is less than stellar thanks to Miss Fussapotamus. She tells me people ask if they are twins, and when she says yes she is asked “are you sure?”. (Apparently they appear to be a month or two apart in age)
- I have no words for that, so I’ll just let you contemplate that one.
- Because seriously, did I somehow manage to give birth to one, and then another like a month later?
- YES I AM SURE
- Miles is hysterical when he discovers his hand this week. I unfortunately did not get a picture, but it cracked me up watching him stare at it in awe, put it down, bring it back to his face, stare at it etc.
- My neighborhood delights the 90’s kid in me
- Bonus points if you can name the band
- Extra points if you sang part of the song out loud
- Abby tells it like it is
They both start to giggle more – we are so close to belly laugh it isn’t funny. Or is it?
- We begin what I think might be an inkling of the dreaded 4 month sleep regression. We are back to waking several times per night. This makes mommy tired. There are a billion sites on the subject. Just try typing 4 month sleep into Google….
- Miles says hi
Running stats (haven’t changed much)
- Fastest single mile: 7:30
- Longest run: 10 miles
- Fastest 5k: 25:45 (sadly did not beat this at the race, but I blame the fact that it was humid.as.heck.)
Just in case you missed them: