This week we traveled to Ohio for my sisters wedding. Its funny how your siblings/kids/friends kids hit milestones and yet somehow in your brain they are still 5 years old and barely old enough to ride a bike. Something about this wedding made me sit and think about how crazy it is that my sister now has a husband, and that even with all the struggles we had to get pregnant its surreal that I’m “old enough” to have two kids. And I turn 31 in a few weeks. (Don’t remind me)
I was nervous about how the babies would handle the 11 hour drive from here to Ohio. Ok, to be honest, I dreaded it. With every fiber of my being. I hate driving on the best day let alone with two babies, and I was stressed about packing all.the.things. We stopped for a night in a hotel on the way up and drove straight through on the way back (we were pulling a trailer full of my sisters stuff down on the way home and Bryan wanted to drive through the night to avoid as much traffic as possible). They were held by tons of people. Miles handled all of it it like a pro and flirted with all the ladies (man we are in trouble). Abby had a bit more trouble but overall they both did wonderfully all things considered.
Miss Abby has started sticking her tongue out and almost even seems to imitate it when we do it. (My dad started it). I’ve also seen her swat at a toy on the playmat while appearing to stare at it and though I obviously can’t confirm that she knows what she’s doing, it sure seems like it. (I tried asking but she just stared at me and then spit up) Miles has started drooling a little and periodically makes spit bubbles. Miles grows into size two diapers and we phase out most of Abby’s newborn clothes. Abby really enjoys the playmat and both are getting a little more demanding when it comes to wanting attention. They’ve started making this sound when sucking on a pacifier so I can tell they are hungry vs just wanting to suck. I can’t describe it very well but its hilarious. We get anywhere from 4-7 hour sleep stretches at night, but not with any real consistency.
I hit a couple more running milestones and run 6 consecutive miles, though with some walk breaks. I had hoped the humidity would be less in Ohio and I was wrong. Plus even though they are small I am not used to running ANY hills since SC is flat as a pancake. I also run a new fastest 5k time and am 1 min 30 seconds from the goal I hope to reach when I race August 24.
- I’m not sure how cool this really is, but I become an expert at pumping in the car. I only spill minimal amounts of milk. On a related note though, be careful when you think that you’re hidden from other cars at night. You’re not hidden from truckers. The trucks are tall. One night pump consisted of Bryan switching the light off every time we passed a truck.
- Light on – moo
- Light off – Me: hey, what are you doing? Bryan: turning the light off so the truckers can’t see you. Me: oh.
- Light on- moo
- Light off-Me: would you quit that? I need to see what I’m doing.
- Light on – moo
- We discover the differences between packing before kids and packing after kids
- Miles gets tired of his pacifier falling out and takes to his own measures to keep it in place
- Abby repeats bad habits while waiting to walk down the aisle. We let it go because its super cute.
- Miles flirts with the ladies….again
- Bryan (jokingly) prepares to walk babies down the aisle and does so with anything and everything needed to keep them from crying
- I eat double my weight in cake. But when you have 25 different flavors how can you NOT sample a bite (or 2, or 10) of them all?
- We take a pre ceremony family picture
- Bah, bullet fail.
- I gave a speech at the reception but was so caught up in how it sounded that I forgot the toast part. (oops) I also forget to bow at the altar at the wedding (oops again)
- Bryan, my aunt (not pictured) and my dad show off their packing expertise
- My mom takes Miles into the den to see my dad one morning and my dad proceeds to read him a bible verse. He is less than amused.
- Man! I clicked out of the bullets before I posted this picture. Here we go again.
- We meet up with a friend I’ve chatted with for months but had not yet met in person
- Bryan gets tired of driving and so gives Miss Abby a turn
- And just for pure cuteness, Abby rocks some bedhead
This Week By The Numbers:
- Consecutive miles run: 6
- 5k time: 28:30
- Pounds of cake eaten: about 200 (or at least thats what it felt like)
- Hours in the car: about 25 (ugh)