My apologies for being late on this update (again). Between internet issues that seemed to always occur when I had the time to blog and some baby fussiness (more on that next week) I’m running horribly behind.
Its been a pretty cool week this week – both Abby and Miles have started cooing and “talking” more. They’ve also both had more consistent social smiles. In fact, I was singing to miss Abby a couple of days ago and she smiled at me in response. If it were possible I would have died from the cute. Both babies have added a consonant to their vocabulary, sometime cooing “ah-gaaa” or “ah – goo”. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get a recording of this yet. Miss Abby still spits decent amounts inconsistently and I’ve basically given up trying to figure out what causes it because as soon as I think I have it figured out something changes. At this point as long as shes gaining weight, doesn’t seem to be in pain or showing signs of dehydration I’m just resigning myself to more laundry. Whatever. It gives me an excuse to wash the new supportive sports bras I have to have in order to keep The Boobs in control.
We had a visit from an old friend this week who I hadn’t seen in 12 years. My family hosted her as an exchange student when I was a Freshman in high school – almost 20 years ago. Sheesh….Anyway she and her husband are from Finland and took a trip over here to tour the south east part of the US this summer. They spent a night with us and met the babies.
On my side I’m back to working out regularly again and its been really nice, and good for my sanity. I’m up to running 3 consecutive miles using my fun Zombies, Run app though my time could use some work :). I’m getting ready to register for my comeback 5k in August. I’d love to eventually run another marathon but no plans in the works for that yet. I’m contemplating registering for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (a half marathon) mid October depending on how mileage goes in the next few weeks.
I got an email explaining my bullet issue and so we are going to give this a trial run:
- Ok bullets, its you and me. Who is going to win it this time?
- Our visitors give us cool new sunglasses and we sport them like champs.
- HA! Its working!
- Babies start sleeping in slightly longer stretches (3.5-4 hrs vs 3) – WOO HOO!
- The Boobs aren’t used to this and start to go wacko again (sigh)
- Miles parties a little too hard
- Abby sports mama’s favorite outfit and has the cute face to go with it
- I WIN I WIN I WIN!!
- Miles insists on showing off his rolls again. Its ok with mom though because it gives me good ammo to show all his friends once he turns 16 or so
- In case you couldn’t tell we also phased out his newborn clothes this week and he is officially wearing 0-3 months. Miss Abby’s newborn diapers are being phased out as well.
Aaaand this week by the numbers:
- You’ve got your hands full: 2 (I didn’t go out much myself this week – somehow when Bryan is with me it apparently looks as though our hands are less full)
- Total miles run this week: 9
- Total consecutive miles: 3.1
- Fastest time: 30:09
- Ounces of milk in my freezer: about 220 (Oreos anyone?)
July 4, 2013 at 3:15 pm
This is just fabulous! I feel like I’m a fly in your home and I love it! It gives me an idea what to expect 🙂
July 4, 2013 at 6:34 pm
Man 220oz!! Idk how u do it! Love the comment about dying from the cute. They really are gorgeous and adorable!
July 5, 2013 at 12:14 am
Cute, cute babies! And for the record, my daughter was big into spitting up. But she consistently gained wait and it never bothered her, so I didn’t let it bother me either. It’s just messy!
July 5, 2013 at 11:29 am
Are you kidding me?!? Do not complain about your time. It’s getting really good in a short amount of time!
The babies are SO darn cute. You’re pretty freaking amazing and holding it all together so well.
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM, WordPress.com
July 8, 2013 at 9:53 am
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write! I enjoy the updates and love the sneak peek to what my life will be like in a few short months! You find the humor in everything and its very refreshing!