Hey I’m still keeping up with this! Woo hoo! ( I want to though so I at least have some form of a journal/memories of the early days )
I had a couple rougher days this week, which I wrote about in my Honest Thoughts About Motherhood.
The biggest frustration has been about breastfeeding – and so I decided that it was time to nip it in the bud (bonus points if you got my pun just now), pull out my wallet and have a Lactation Consultant come tomorrow. On the plus side I have found a nursing position that seems to result in fewer eye sprays – so there’s that. And apparently per the LC – consults are mandated to be covered by insurance thanks to Obama’s Healthcare Act – pumps too! (just an FYI for those who may need that info). I am excited to see what kind of advice she can offer.
On a more positive note, I simply cannot believe that twins are 4 weeks old today. They are awake more often now and seem to be taking well to the Babywise schedule (no, I do not make a hungry baby wait the full 3 hours to eat if one is hungry before then, just in case you were wondering – I use it as a base but allow for flexibility) which is nice for me because it generally means only a couple of nights feeds most nights.
So anyway, onto the fun stuff:
- This week, we read our first book (bad me, I know). My pupils seem less than enthused:
- Miles starts making super cute cooing noises while he sits in this bouncy chair. Numerous attempts to catch this on video are foiled because apparently he is camera shy.
- Miles has his own opinions about tummy time
- I buy new running shoes. Two weeks till I can run again.
- Miles sports his first milk mustache.
- The fact that these bullets aren’t formatting correctly is pissing me off
- I put away all my maternity clothes – and not because I can fit into all my old clothes. The maternity clothes are too big and most of my old stuff too small so I took a trip to Goodwill and bought bottoms for my new in between size. Here I find a pair of Lucky brand jeans. Win.
- I’m gonna pop some tags, only got $20 in my pocket.
- Babies strike a pose
- Extra bonus points if you started singing the song referenced two points up.
- Visits to stores take twice as long, and not because I have to load up two babies but because we are stopped by all.the.people who seem to have never seen twins before.
- I start to understand that people aren’t kidding when they say they grow up so fast.
This week by the numbers:
- Oh hey the bullets are formatted again. Asshole bullets.
- Mommy breakdowns: several all in the same day
- “Are those twins??”: seriously? I lost count.
- Pees caught by hand: 2 (for me)
- Grandma gender mix-ups: 5 (ish)
- Dollars MIL owes me so far for apologizing too much: 3