Today our babies are one week old. It has been a whirlwind of a week. Some highlights day by day:
Tuesday, May 14
- Happy Birthday babies. We had our first visitors – both friends and family.
- Mommy had her first experience with a catheter. Something about peeing and not even knowing it is kinda bizarre. I reportedly peed well, in case you were wondering. (you know you were)
Wednesday, May 15
- Daddy experienced his first projectile vomit. It landed on his foot.
- I attempted my first waddle to the bathroom. I waddled more post surgery than I ever did pregnant.
- Mommy has her first semi breakdown as babies get frustrated because my colostrum wasn’t quite satisfying them.
Thursday, May 16
- Mommy has her first experience as Dolly Parton. While I’m glad my milk is in, I feel kinda freakish. When the doctor comes in that morning I say ” my milk came in”. Her response? “I can tell”.
Friday, May 17
- Miss Abby has her first experience under the bili lights. She takes it in stride and poses like Madonna.
Saturday, May 18
- First car ride. Daddy drives home really slowly.
- Abby demonstrates her first projectile poop. It flies a good foot away and stains everything nearby.
Sunday, May 19
- First trip out of the house other than the ride home. Abby needs her bilirubin level checked again.
- First post partum weigh in: down 25 lbs!
Monday, May 20
- First pediatrician appt. Babies have lost some weight since being home and mommy almost has another breakdown but doc reassures me that we are doing just fine.
Tuesday, May 21
- Babies newborn pictures. This turns out to be quite an adventure in which Miss Abby decides to make her first day of cluster feeding. We ALL take a nap afterwards. The 2-4 hour session takes 5.5 hours. Our photographer qualifies for sainthood. Seriously.
- First time Mr. Miles pees on Miss Abby’s face. Twice.
Hey, we survived the first week intact. Unfortunately, Bryan has to go back to work tomorrow – thankfully my sister is sticking around for a couple weeks.
This week by the numbers:
- Number of diapers changed: probably close to 100
- Number of mommy semi breakdowns: 2
- Number of people who made us out to be an absolute spectacle: 1 – some lady totally bombarded the photo session today
- Pounds lost: 31
- Pounds left to lose: 13
- Kisses and cuddles: too many to count.