Whether the babies make a debut “early” or we make it to our scheduled date (5/14), this will be my last pregnancy update. I know I mentioned this before but holy cow did it fly by. All the waiting felt like forever but the pregnancy just flew. I’m feeling a bit bittersweet about this…a topic for another post.
- Wow. Just wow. We made it to full term…with TWINS. I am simultaneously shocked and not shocked. I know this sounds odd. Early on in the pregnancy I remember telling my mom about a concern about my small body carrying two babies, but that I felt fairly confident that if anyone’s small body could do it, it would be mine. But, all the pre-term labor talk freaked me out and so I had convinced myself they were going to show up early. All I have to say to this is: go body!
- SIX days or less until we meet the babies.
- Since I’ve stopped working the cankles have almost gone away. And I’m still miraculously able to wear my wedding rings.
- I think I’ve finally mastered the blind pee in a cup.
- My body is definitely starting to wear down. I have to wear my support belt pretty much 24/7 because my stomach is so heavy. I had a cruddy weekend with this weird side cramp type pain until I smartened up and realized I needed something to hold my belly up because it shifts oddly to the left thanks to the way they are positioned.
- My crotch hurts pretty much every time I walk. Waddle, waddle, waddle.
The Weird and Amusing
- There is no more question: I am a spectacle. I’ve been warned it gets worse once the babies get here. There is something about multiples, apparently.
- Some days are better than others here at the Preggo-lympics. Some days you lose, some days you win.
- You know how you seem to find the perfect bed position right before you have to get up? Well I tossed and turned all night last night, only to figure out the perfect pillow position (both between the legs and under the heavy belly) right before I got hungry and needed to get up to eat. Figures.
- A nurse, on the maternity ward of the hospital no less, looked at me after my most recent NST and said “woah!” Though this is not quite as funny as the person at registration who came up to me the week before and asked me if I was there to give birth.
- Yesterday I got up at 730. I ate breakfast, soaked in the bath (thanks to my friends the ‘rrhoids), took a shower, got dressed…..and then I was tired. So I took a nap. What? That was a lot of work.
The final week by the numbers:
A Baby Story’s Watched: about 22. (yes, pathetic, I know)
Naps taken per day: 1-2
Waist size: 44″
Number of weeks pregnant I am measuring: 44 (if I did it right)
Weight gained: as of Monday still holding steady at 39 lbs.
Number of times I’ve been told I’m about to pop (or some variation): at least 20
Number of times I’ve been told I don’t look pregnant from behind, or that I am “all belly”: pretty much everyone says this. I’ve taken to facing forward, then backward in a “now you see it, now you don’t” type way. 🙂
I didn’t hit anything or anyone with my belly this week!
Final week pic (though if we make it to the scheduled day I’ll probably take a delivery day pic) at Bubbles and Squishy
May 8, 2013 at 7:02 pm
Go body indeed! But I do understand the bittersweetness of what you’re probably feeling right now. While I was elated to be holding my daughter in my arms, I felt a deep sadness at the end of my first pregnancy, especially because I didn’t know if I would ever experience it again. It’s a little loss in itself — but as soon as those babies arrive, you’ll probably be so busy, you’ll soon forget what it was ever like in your life before. Or you just won’t care. 🙂
May 8, 2013 at 7:04 pm
You go girl….err, body!!!! 🙂 Congratulations mama! Can’t wait to see what bubble & squishy look like. I’m sure they’re gorgeous! 🙂
May 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm
I feel an odd sense of pride that you made it 37 weeks….not sure why. But Im proud of you….as awkward as that probably sounds 🙂
Oh and you’re my hero for mastering the blind pee in a cup. I think I was about 39 weeks when I got my routine down without peeing on my hand. Too bad I didnt get to try it long after that. Kudos!
6 days holy cow!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to hear about their arrival!
May 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm
Hey thanks! Ill admit the blind pee in a cup isn’t 100%successful. 🙂
May 8, 2013 at 9:36 pm
Yay! My sister is tiny and made it to the 37 week milestone as well. Sounds good!!
May 9, 2013 at 7:12 am
Wow, just a few days to go! Amazing and well done body for keeping them babies cooking. 🙂
May 9, 2013 at 7:49 am
Which support band did you go with? I’m anticipating needing one. You look amazing by the way! 🙂 So happy for you!
May 9, 2013 at 8:09 am
Unfortunately I don’t remember the name of it. I got it at motherhood maternity though and it’s pretty simple
To operate. They have some that come in like 3 pieces and I didn’t want to bother with that. It just wraps around your back and belly and velcrows in the front – then you can adjust it as necessary. I can take a pic if you’d like.
And thank you!!!!
May 9, 2013 at 9:26 am
Congratulations, Theresa – that is a HUGE milestone. The biggest! Less than a week until they arrive – that’s amazing! Your body completely rocked this pregnancy. I’ve definitely gained way more than you and I only have one! Can’t wait to hear the delivery story and see pictures of the little ones!!
May 9, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!! You’re almost there, mama….and not hitting anything with your belly?? You deserve a medal, just for that! My poor belly is currently sporting two bruises and a cat scratch, and I’ve only got one in there 😉 Best of luck on these last few days and I can’t wait to see bubbles and squishy make their appearance! yay!
May 9, 2013 at 4:19 pm
Congrats! Also, you really are all belly. It is remarkable!
May 9, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Congrats on making it full term! And how exciting you get to meet your little ones in less than a week!!!
May 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm
Congratulations! I made it to 38 with mine and it really IS an accomplishment. Sorry about the crotch pain. I remember it oh so well.
May 10, 2013 at 1:47 pm
congratulations!! any day now! That is so exciting! i can’t wait to see pictures and hear about your delivery!