Whether the babies make a debut “early” or we make it to our scheduled date (5/14), this will be my last pregnancy update. I know I mentioned this before but holy cow did it fly by. All the waiting felt like forever but the pregnancy just flew. I’m feeling a bit bittersweet about this…a topic for another post.
- Wow. Just wow. We made it to full term…with TWINS. I am simultaneously shocked and not shocked. I know this sounds odd. Early on in the pregnancy I remember telling my mom about a concern about my small body carrying two babies, but that I felt fairly confident that if anyone’s small body could do it, it would be mine. But, all the pre-term labor talk freaked me out and so I had convinced myself they were going to show up early. All I have to say to this is: go body!
- SIX days or less until we meet the babies.
- Since I’ve stopped working the cankles have almost gone away. And I’m still miraculously able to wear my wedding rings.
- I think I’ve finally mastered the blind pee in a cup.
- My body is definitely starting to wear down. I have to wear my support belt pretty much 24/7 because my stomach is so heavy. I had a cruddy weekend with this weird side cramp type pain until I smartened up and realized I needed something to hold my belly up because it shifts oddly to the left thanks to the way they are positioned.
- My crotch hurts pretty much every time I walk. Waddle, waddle, waddle.
The Weird and Amusing
- There is no more question: I am a spectacle. I’ve been warned it gets worse once the babies get here. There is something about multiples, apparently.
- Some days are better than others here at the Preggo-lympics. Some days you lose, some days you win.
- You know how you seem to find the perfect bed position right before you have to get up? Well I tossed and turned all night last night, only to figure out the perfect pillow position (both between the legs and under the heavy belly) right before I got hungry and needed to get up to eat. Figures.
- A nurse, on the maternity ward of the hospital no less, looked at me after my most recent NST and said “woah!” Though this is not quite as funny as the person at registration who came up to me the week before and asked me if I was there to give birth.
- Yesterday I got up at 730. I ate breakfast, soaked in the bath (thanks to my friends the ‘rrhoids), took a shower, got dressed…..and then I was tired. So I took a nap. What? That was a lot of work.
The final week by the numbers:
A Baby Story’s Watched: about 22. (yes, pathetic, I know)
Naps taken per day: 1-2
Waist size: 44″
Number of weeks pregnant I am measuring: 44 (if I did it right)
Weight gained: as of Monday still holding steady at 39 lbs.
Number of times I’ve been told I’m about to pop (or some variation): at least 20
Number of times I’ve been told I don’t look pregnant from behind, or that I am “all belly”: pretty much everyone says this. I’ve taken to facing forward, then backward in a “now you see it, now you don’t” type way. 🙂
I didn’t hit anything or anyone with my belly this week!
Final week pic (though if we make it to the scheduled day I’ll probably take a delivery day pic) at Bubbles and Squishy