- My thoughts that these babies would make their debut before the end of April was obviously wrong, but that’s totally ok because it means we made it to 36 weeks.
- I am totally proud of my little body for holding up and carrying these babies so well.
- Our last growth scan was yesterday and it estimated Miss Abby at 5lb 7 oz and Mr. Miles at 6lb 8oz! Somehow there is nearly 12 lbs of baby squished into this stomach.
- Still feeling pretty good since being home on maternity leave. I officially caught up with everything at work yesterday and so that means I’m…well, done. At least for the next 12 weeks. It’s a weird feeling.
- Other than the installation of car seats everything is ready!
- I’ve actually noticed fewer Braxton Hicks over the last several weeks
- Still wearing my wedding rings, amazingly.
- Weird, random crotch pain- to be filed under “things no one tells you about late pregnancy”.
The Weird and Amusing
- Weird, random crotch pain – causing me to waddle like crazy. Waddle, waddle, waddle, waddle……and its not something you can really be verbal about, because what exactly do I say when I stand up and flinch and someone asks me what is wrong? “Uh…well my crotch hurts when I stand up?” I mean I can blame the waddling on size but this one is a bit harder. Taking suggestions.
- Getting up off of the couch, out of bed or rolling in bed have become an Olympic sport. I used to always get annoyed at people in the gym who grunted as they were lifting weights and every time I roll over I sound just like them.
This Week By the Numbers
- Waist size: 42.5″
- Fundal height (i.e. number of weeks pregnant I’m measuring, if I measured it right):43-44cm or 43-44 weeks
- Weight gained: holding steady at 39 lbs
- Number of grunts in the night: at least 5
- Number of times I’ve been told I’m about to pop/asked when I was due: 6
- Number of times I’ve been told I look tiny for twins when I explain why I look like I’m about to pop: 6
- Number of Gilmore Girls DVD’s watched: 19 (I’m on season 4)
- Number of A Baby Story’s Watched: about 12 (less this week since I’ve had Gilmore Girls on)
And to prove today’s title, I leave you with this amusing photograph:
New pic at Bubbles and Squishy