- My thoughts that these babies would make their debut before the end of April was obviously wrong, but that’s totally ok because it means we made it to 36 weeks.
- I am totally proud of my little body for holding up and carrying these babies so well.
- Our last growth scan was yesterday and it estimated Miss Abby at 5lb 7 oz and Mr. Miles at 6lb 8oz! Somehow there is nearly 12 lbs of baby squished into this stomach.
- Still feeling pretty good since being home on maternity leave. I officially caught up with everything at work yesterday and so that means I’m…well, done. At least for the next 12 weeks. It’s a weird feeling.
- Other than the installation of car seats everything is ready!
- I’ve actually noticed fewer Braxton Hicks over the last several weeks
- Still wearing my wedding rings, amazingly.
- Weird, random crotch pain- to be filed under “things no one tells you about late pregnancy”.
The Weird and Amusing
- Weird, random crotch pain – causing me to waddle like crazy. Waddle, waddle, waddle, waddle……and its not something you can really be verbal about, because what exactly do I say when I stand up and flinch and someone asks me what is wrong? “Uh…well my crotch hurts when I stand up?” I mean I can blame the waddling on size but this one is a bit harder. Taking suggestions.
- Getting up off of the couch, out of bed or rolling in bed have become an Olympic sport. I used to always get annoyed at people in the gym who grunted as they were lifting weights and every time I roll over I sound just like them.
This Week By the Numbers
- Waist size: 42.5″
- Fundal height (i.e. number of weeks pregnant I’m measuring, if I measured it right):43-44cm or 43-44 weeks
- Weight gained: holding steady at 39 lbs
- Number of grunts in the night: at least 5
- Number of times I’ve been told I’m about to pop/asked when I was due: 6
- Number of times I’ve been told I look tiny for twins when I explain why I look like I’m about to pop: 6
- Number of Gilmore Girls DVD’s watched: 19 (I’m on season 4)
- Number of A Baby Story’s Watched: about 12 (less this week since I’ve had Gilmore Girls on)
And to prove today’s title, I leave you with this amusing photograph:
New pic at Bubbles and Squishy
May 1, 2013 at 8:35 pm
I remember having that crotch pain too! is NOT fun!! anyway, I am so excited for you, and I can’t wait to meet Miles and Abigail!! Love you!!!
May 1, 2013 at 8:40 pm
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Thanks for the heads up about the crotch pain. I think you should totally say that the next time you find yourself in that situation. I just want to hear what the reaction of the other person is. 🙂 I am so fricken happy for you. 36 weeks is incredible. You are doing an awesome job carrying those two!!
May 1, 2013 at 9:00 pm
Stand up… Grab your crotch… And tell eeeeee heeee like Michael Jackson!
May 1, 2013 at 10:38 pm
May 1, 2013 at 9:21 pm
That comic is hilarious!!!
I have heard about the crotch pain. I’ve heard of people buying support belts to keep their bellies from putting so much pressure on their crotches. YES. PREGNANCY IS GLAAAAAMOROUS.
May 1, 2013 at 10:08 pm
I will give you this huge piece of advice – don’t wait until the last minute to put those car seats in. I went into labor 3.5 weeks early and we hadn’t even taken the car seat out of the box yet, because we had oodles of time supposedly.
When it was time to go home, my then husband brought the car seat to the hospital hoping someone could help him – they couldn’t. It was a scary ride home with me hoping we had it in right during an ice storm!
So get the car seats in so no one is panicked at the last minute!
PS-you haven’t mentioned hemorrhoids – or weren’t you graced with their presence during your pregnancy?! That was the worst of it for me, and the heartburn.
May 1, 2013 at 10:38 pm
No I’ve had hemorrhoids since like week 28 but luckily have been minimally painful and mostly just an annoyance.
Our car sears are out of the box at least lol. Hubby needs to get on that!!
May 1, 2013 at 10:39 pm
Just say it’s round ligament pain. I’m dealing with that a little already. People I tell that to smile and nod knowingly even though they have no frickin’ clue what I’m talking about. It’s kind of funny.
May 2, 2013 at 2:16 am
I absolutely love that you redid that picture. That’s awesome.
Agree about the car seats. We waited and found out that on one side of our car the seat didn’t like to fit properly. This was 2 weeks before babies and it takes about 2 weeks to get anything shipped here. New car seat arrived while we were in hospital!
May 2, 2013 at 6:14 am
Ooo the crotch pain! I lovingly called it “lightning crotch”. Congrats for making it to 36 weeks!
May 2, 2013 at 8:15 am
Oh crotch pain! Maybe from one baby starting to drop and stretching out some ligaments down there? At least thats what I think happened to me. Now I have a different kind of crotch pain….oy! Oh childbirth….. maybe you will be lucky enough to avoid that jf you have a c-section. Which makes me wonder….are there any circumstances where they would let you try for vaginal delivery? Or did they tell you you’re having a c-section no matter what?
Im glad you’re feeling so good and have made it so far! And that picture is awsome 🙂
May 2, 2013 at 9:12 am
They did give me the option. I thought about it and said that what I didn’t want to happen was to deliver one vaginally and then have the second turn and need a c section anyway. Doc said it doesn’t happen regularly but does happen often enough that if that is my concern she would recommend a c section. I just don’t want to have to recover from both and have two babies to care for!!
May 2, 2013 at 8:46 am
Yeah – there can’t be many pregnancies more enjoyable than those after battling infertility! I savored (almost) every minute (even those middle of the night charley horses.) So happy for you – fantastic!
May 2, 2013 at 9:14 am
I have moments. I think we all do. But overall I’ve cherished it too. And boy did it fly by!
May 2, 2013 at 9:04 am
I love that picture–you are just too cute :o)
Also, I LOVE Gilmore Girls. I have seen all of the seasons more times than I can count. If we were in the same area, I would totally sit and watch them with you (and then help you get off the couch).
May 2, 2013 at 9:05 am
Man I could use the company too! Help getting off the couch wouldn’t be so bad either 🙂
May 2, 2013 at 9:06 am
Also, you can take your car seats to a local fire station. They are trained to install them properly and will do so for free!
May 2, 2013 at 11:09 am
Love the cute photo! And you SHOULD be proud of your body for holding on this long — that’s amazing! But it won’t be long, little mama. Won’t be long at all.
P.S. I love The Gilmore Girls!
May 3, 2013 at 6:42 am
Keep hanging in there! You are looking stunning (crotch waddling aside) 🙂 I cannot wait to meet the twins. My gUess is any day now.