- 34 weeks is a GREAT milestone. Babies born now have just about as good a chance as full term babies. At this point we’d probably have to spend some time at the hospital for feeding and/or breathing support but in the end we’d take them home and they should be healthy long term. I’ve finally reached a point where I feel more relaxed. Still shooting for at least another week though 🙂
- In 4 weeks or less, we will have two babies.
- Yeah, I can’t believe it either.
- Seriously? Four weeks or less?
- Somehow I’ve managed to make it through this pregnancy without being put on bed rest. Though I’m about to put myself on it…more on that below.
- Still having lots of belly dance parties. I like belly dance parties.
- Oy. Vey. I’d always wondered what my threshold was gonna be before I started hurting and apparently its about 8.5-9lbs of baby. I made it through last week pretty intact but its only gotten worse. My back hurts constantly and my super squished stomach still makes it hard to eat, though its been better the last few days. I’m just glad I haven’t lost any more weight. We had another hospital visit this past Sunday thanks to some back pain coming in waves that I wanted to make sure wasn’t back labor. It wasn’t, but I was dehydrated. They checked me as well and found that I am still only dilated 1cm, which is a relief. Unfortunately I’ve already left work early twice this week. The gig is about up on working full time I suspect, which I plan on asking about at my appt tomorrow. Quite frankly though, I’m impressed I made it to this point!
The Weird and Amusing
- Belly size – every week I say I can’t imagine it getting bigger and yet somehow it does. I was measuring 41 weeks a week ago so I’m interested to see what it is now. It feels like a monstrosity. A belly monstrosity.
- I’m sorry but it still feels like aliens are invading my belly and trying to crawl out. At least they are cute aliens 🙂
- I went to one of those places over the weekend where you go, drink wine (well, water) and they take you through step by step to paint a picture for a friends birthday. I had done this once before and literally threw the picture away on my way out the door it was so bad (seriously, it was bad – I got looks it was that bad) so I was nervous about this one, but this one turned out much better.
This week by the numbers:
Number of times I’ve been told I’m about to pop: 0 – surprisingly. Though it was kinda asked in other ways. I got quite a few “when are you due?”s and even one “wow you’re still pregnant”. Um, yeah. I did appreciate the “wow you still look so skinny!” I got today.
Number of times I’ve been told I’m “all belly”: at least 10. Probably more
Number of people I’ve hit with my stomach: 0, but I did hit a plate today. (Stacy!)
Number of Love it or List It episodes watched: 7 and possibly counting depending on if more record. Unfortunately they are starting to loop now which means I have to find another show soon.
Number of A Baby Story episodes watched: its an embarrassing number.
Number of items I’ve had in my hands that I’ve dropped on the floor: basically everything. I.am.dropping.all.the.things
Waist size: 42.5″
Weight gain: 33lbs thanks to some weight loss over the last week.
New pic at Bubbles and Squishy
April 17, 2013 at 8:46 pm
Wait, what? You’re pregnant? By you’re so skinny in all the pictures!
April 17, 2013 at 9:14 pm
Yay for 34 weeks! You look great!
Love the painting too. 🙂
April 17, 2013 at 9:43 pm
Yay 34 weeks!
I gave birth at 34w1d and neither baby needed any real medical intervention! One ended up in the NICU but wasn’t on oxygen or anything (it seemed like a technicality that we couldn’t get her out for a week). The other one was in the nursery with me and came home just like any other baby.
Good luck! I hope you keep them in a while longer!!!!
April 17, 2013 at 9:56 pm
Awesome to know!! Just reaching 34 weeks makes me feel more confident!
April 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm
I am so happy you made it to 34 weeks! And OMG I wanted to slap everyone who said, “You’re still pregnant?” Granted, I was a week late, but you might still have a month! At one point I almost started telling people, “Actually nope. Had the baby. Came back to work because I felt great. I’m just still fat, thanks.” Obviously it’s a rhetorical question but for some reason that one got on my nerves more than anything, so I feel your pain. Here’s to hoping you can trade back pain for labor pain soon! You’re almost there! Yes, I do believe your dedicating 3 bullet points to that is appropriate. LOL!
April 17, 2013 at 11:02 pm
Yep, they’re right — you’re all belly. And it looks so cute on you!
April 18, 2013 at 9:05 am
Yay!!! All belly indeed! I love it when I get those comments. Makes me feel less like a whale and more like a human. lol 😉
I am so looking forward to the 30’s myself!
April 18, 2013 at 9:07 am
Just beware the discomfort the 30’s brings!! 9lbs of baby and my back was done. But I think that would take a toll on anyone’s back. How long will they let you go before you deliver?
April 18, 2013 at 9:15 am
Lol, I’m already there. Those discomforts have hit me in the mid 20’s…. 😦
IDK at this point. There was talk of throwing me in the hospital because of the pain and discomfort (not to mention the BH’s), but I ended up with yet another week of freedom since my cervix is cooperating still. I’m praying for 32 weeks at the minimum, but would love to go to 35…..fingers crossed!!!! 🙂
April 18, 2013 at 9:19 am
Oooh those damn BH. They are the enemy and I hate them. They caused 3 hospital scares for us between weeks 22-26. I’ve been lucky with pain up until last week. Even last week I survived ok at work but this week has just gotten worse. Glad your cervix is cooperating! I’ve been lucky as well that the BH have not caused cervical change. I dilated 1cm but have been walking around like that for 2 weeks. Hope you can avoid the hospital as long as possible. Is hospital bed rest something in your definite future?
April 18, 2013 at 9:22 am
Gosh, I sure as hell hope not. I don’t do too well in hospitals. Whether it’s as a visitor or a patient, I tend to just cringe. Not a good look. Besides, my bed is far more comfortable than any egg-shell covered rollaway. lol, 😉
I’ve only had to make 2 trips to L&D for BH up to this point. But, I’m terrified to go again, since Peri said he’d admit me. Not something I’m eager to do. Sooooo, if I can avoid it, I will! For as long as I can.
Yea, I’m glad my cervix hasn’t changed much either. That seems to be my worst nightmare.
Not more than a few days to go for you right mama??? 🙂 Exciting!!!!
April 18, 2013 at 11:17 am
You’re getting so close!!! Can’t wait for B&S to make their appearance!
April 18, 2013 at 4:01 pm
Your picture is beautiful, and you also look fabulous! Congrats on hitting such a huge milestone. I just hit 24 weeks yesterday, and I’m feeling a little bit relieved.
April 18, 2013 at 4:01 pm
Thanks!! 24 weeks is a big relief too!! Congrats!!
April 18, 2013 at 5:57 pm
I watched so many Baby Stories. Hilarious! You’ve gotten so far. It makes me happy to hear!