- We are a mere week away from the point where I feel like I can breathe easier. Not that I haven’t been grateful for the other milestones, but for us 32 weeks means we can deliver at our local hospital and should be able to avoid the NICU because they have a Level 2 nursery (unless there are other complications of course but I’m just pretending that won’t happen). 7 days, and yes I’m counting.
- Holy moving babies batman!
- Still on my feet! Though off of them much more than I would be normally.
- I think we have musical babies – I went to a choir concert on Sunday night and they were GOING CRAZY! As a music person myself, this makes me happy!
- Nursery is coming together.
- Sleep has been lacking. I’m either waking or getting up 5-6x a night to pee or reposition myself because my hips/legs/butt have fallen asleep. Rolling to a new position is starting to become interesting, albeit amusing. Everyone tells me to sleep while I can, but that’s been easier said than done.
- That shortness of breath is starting to kick in. I seem to notice it more in the morning, strangely.
The Weird and Amusing
- Our c-section is scheduled for May 14 – just shy of 38 weeks. Yeah, right.
- Babies movements have been changing. I’m feeling fewer “kicks” and more “rolls”. These rolls, particularly with two, can be quite crazy.Remember the alien thing I mentioned last week? Well this week its worse. I swear something is trying to crawl out of my stomach. I even got a couple movements this week that were a bit painful.
- Shortness of breath makes my job as a Speech Therapist – you know cuz I’m talking all day – interesting. A couple days ago I’m trying to teach one of my kids the “sh” sound and had to stop because it was making me lightheaded.
- I’m not looking forward to the point where I run out of episodes of “Love it or List it” to watch. I will be said when they start recycling.
- Literally about all I have energy for during the week is work. Even that is a struggle. After I get home? Pffft. My butt is imprinting the couch.
- It looks like someone shoved a beach ball up my shirt
- Has anyone watched the show “Preachers Daughters”? You should. For real.
This week by then numbers:
Number of nightly bathroom visits: 3-5
Number of times I’ve been told I’m about to pop: zero (odd)
Number of times I’ve been told I don’t look pregnant from behind: 3
New pic at Bubbles and Squishy
March 27, 2013 at 10:28 pm
Holy smokes, Batman! One week to be at the less scary hospital? YEAH!!!!
And don’t get too psyched out by the comments about sleep. I remember you said you were reading BabyWise….we are 6 weeks in and sleep is NOT that bad. Getting up twice a night is better than 5 times. Sure you’re up for longer but it doesn’t last long. Talk to me if you have issues!!!
And you DO look good from behind, mama! 🙂
March 28, 2013 at 3:05 am
Completely agree! You don’t look pregnant from behind 😉 Congrats for almost getting to that big milestone!
March 28, 2013 at 7:03 am
That last picture cracked me up. I look forward to your updates!! Congrats on almost getting to that milestone!! 🙂 🙂
March 28, 2013 at 8:45 am
Get a video of the rolling movements! Those would be cool to see. I have shortness of breath in the morning too, usually on my drive in to work. It’s kind of a shitty feeling…
Excited for you to hit the big 3-2!
March 29, 2013 at 7:14 am
Holy moly time flies!!! And they are right… You don’t look pregnant from behind!
March 29, 2013 at 3:29 pm
Just came across your blog and love it! Congrats on everything! We made it to 37 weeks with our boys but I remember the sense of relief making it past the week milestone to go to our local hospital. Good luck with everything!
March 31, 2013 at 1:02 pm
Yay for week 32!! You look fabulous!!