- Phew, we have made it to 28 weeks. Babies born at this stage have a 90-95% chance of survival and lungs are much better developed at this point. I feel like I can breathe a bit easier. But, please keep cooking babies!
- We are in the third trimester!
- We had a growth scan last week Friday – both babies are growing. Miles is weighing in at 2 lb 7oz and Abby at 2lb 2oz. She is on the lower end of the average range but still in it. We go back in 4 weeks for another growth scan. We also reached the point of the last cervical measurement. At this point the cervix is supposed to start shortening so checks will be limited to the OB’s office to make sure I’m not dilating. The good news is that per the doc my cervix is actually BETTER than usual for this point in my pregnancy and that is fabulous news.
- Who needs tables when you have this?
- Babies are moving all the time. Sometimes I watch my whole stomach ripple. I’m starting to feel body parts, though at this point they are still not identifiable….yet.
- I’ve actually been sleeping better this week, though that might have something to do with more general fatigue.
- Per the ultrasound tech, Abby’s head is resting directly on my bladder. Despite my complaints that she stop fluffing it, I am ignored. ‘Nuff said.
- I am not quite ready to make friends with cankles. Yet there they are. If they persist I may break out names. I mean if you have to deal with it, might as well make it fun right?
- Certain bathroom trips requiring the use of Witch Hazel wipes. I’ll let you figure out where that is going.
The Weird and Amusing
- As obsessive as I am, I never thought there would come a time that not exercising wouldn’t drive me even a little crazy, but the fact of the matter is I’m too tired when I get home from work to walk anyway. Bring on the couch potato.
- I am greatly underestimating the size of my belly when trying to navigate doorways/hallways/small spaces. Bonk.
- My waist is measuring at a whopping 41″
- Scatterbrain syndrome is getting worse
- Wait, what was I saying?
New pic at Bubbles and Squishy.