- I’m not sure if the third trimester technically starts at 27 or 28 weeks since I’ve heard both so I’ll just err on the side of caution and say 28. However, carrying twins we won’t make it to 40 weeks so I could probably say I’m in the third at this point
- First baby shower this weekend!!!
- Next growth scan Friday – praying for healthy growing babies and a long and strong cervix!!
- I felt my first case of fetal hiccups this week from both babies – Abby first then Miles a couple days later
- Watching my belly move – so bizarre
- Babies born at this point in time have about a 90% chance of survival. We’d like to avoid extended hospital stays though so lets keep em in there!
- Minor aches and pains are starting to kick in. If I sit too long I get a stiff back or minor achiness in the pubic area (like the bone, don’t get any weird ideas). So far nothing major though, thankfully.
- Starting to get some back pain – again minor though
- Energy? What’s energy? :). In all honesty I’m slowing down more each week but at this point can still function through a work day or a few errands – preferably not both. I used to kinda argue about putting my feet up when I get home for the evening, now I’m like couch please! Yes you can bring me my dinner and refill my water for me. What you can’t pee for me? Crap. I’m sad right now that no one is home and I have to get up to microwave my own frozen dinner. Tough life yes?
- Braxton Hicks continue. Luckily no more attacks recently.
The Weird and Amusing
- Tying shoes is getting more and more interesting
- Sometimes the stiffness from sitting causes me to waddle for a few steps. It’s really cute.
- I am officially completely in larger size underwear. Some of my shirts are starting to get tight. My husband still insists I look the same from behind. How cute he is. My ever growing butt appreciates it.
- Today I misjudged how wide I needed to open a door at work and smacked my belly with it. Must remember: am not as skinny as before
- Miss Abby I believe likes to sit on my bladder some days. It is not a pillow. It’s just not. Thank goodness no one has found my ribs….yet.
Updated pic at Bubbles and Squishy
February 27, 2013 at 9:36 pm
I’m amazed that you’re still wearing shoes that require tying. I haven’t worn shoes with laces in forever. When I was pregnant (during the summer) I wore slip-on high performance / hiking sandals. Now I wear slip-on sneakers. I have no idea how I would have tied my shoes while pregnant, and now I often have to put my shoes on while already wearing a baby, so tying is basically out of the question!
February 27, 2013 at 11:23 pm
I think it’s more about being too cheap to buy new shoes. Lol
February 27, 2013 at 11:14 pm
Yay for the third trimester!!! I’d call it 27…whatevs.
I absolutely LOVE how you are using their names. It’s fun, huh? And how awesome that you know which one is on which side and who is kicking you at a given moment! Of course you would know that after your ultrasound and they are not likely to move at this point, but for someone who only had a singleton, it’s a very cool idea to wrap my head around 🙂
Love the pictures!
February 27, 2013 at 11:24 pm
Thanks 🙂 yes I like using their names and most of the time I can tell who is kicking but sometimes if its more centralized its harder. It’s fun though!
February 27, 2013 at 11:58 pm
You look fantastic!! All belly for sure 🙂 Congrats on making it to the third trimester!
February 28, 2013 at 1:42 am
I love this. You’re so cute!!
February 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm
Looking good lady!! Keeping those babies cooking! 🙂
March 1, 2013 at 10:33 am
Been meaning to tell you that I love the names you picked out for the babies! 🙂