- Hallelujah we have made it to viability, and after the couple scares the last couple weeks (see below) I am especially relieved to have hit this milestone. Of course we want these babies to KEEP COOKING for at least another 11 weeks.
- Belly dance parties! All the time! And particularly after I’ve had something sweet or flavorful to drink. So far, no one has kicked a bladder or rib. I’m sure that time is to come.
- 3 and a half weeks to baby shower #1 and 4 and a half to #2!
- Fetal ECHO Friday means we get to see the babies again. Fingers crossed for healthy hearts.
- Babies are the size of ears of corn this week – and since I LOVE corn I find this to be particularly fitting for this week. Salt, anyone? Mmmm, corn.
- We are banned from :dancing” for the forseeable future. After the issue a week and a half ago I spent the whole week stressed out about those Braxton Hicks contractions. Although I never had more than 6 an hour that didn’t slow down when I rested, I actually had 60 of them on Friday. Yes, 60. They slowed down over the weekend, but on Monday afternoon I started to get moderate period like cramps. After hearing two personal stories of people whose pre term labor started with cramping, I wasn’t about to take any chances, so I called the doctor. They had me come in, said my cervix still felt long and closed, and offered to do the Fetal Fibronectin Test (looks for the presence of a protein which, if positive, means you’re at a higher risk of pre term labor in the next two weeks) as long as I hadn’t had any bleeding or had intercourse in the last 24 hours. Naturally. The expensive dancing strikes again. So since they couldn’t perform the test I was sent to the hospital for monitoring. AGAIN. Everything was fine, and the Fetal Fibronectin Test I had done Tuesday morning was negative. While at the hospital they also took a cervical length measurement and its still a nice long 4 cm. Thank goodness. So it appears that I am in fact just one of the lucky people who have these constantly. And so we are benched from dancing, which is fine because it was getting too blasted expensive anyway.
The Weird and Amusing
- The hospital nurses recognized me from the last time, but I guess that makes sense since we were just there last week.
- The big vehicle search continues, and unfortunately the minivan is winning. The GMC Acadia totally would have won if it weren’t for its transmission and power steering issues. Damnit. (anyone with “my Acadia is awesome and reliable” stories is welcome to share……pretty please)
- Today at kid at work told me that the babies in my stomach were causing me bad luck and that was what was making the lose the game we were playing. Drat!
- My hips fall asleep in my sleep. While I’m sleeping. Whatever the correct way to say it is. I guess they figure hey, the rest of the body is asleep, maybe we should too?
- I think the size of my bladder is inversely proportionate to the number of times I have to use the restroom. (i.e I have a full bladder often but don’t pee as much as I would think I would)
You know where to find the pic 🙂