- ONE week to viability!
- Feeling lots of thumps!
- 24 lbs and a whole week early!
- This past weekends’ small scare has made my anxiety level increase quite a bit. I suspect our “dancing” was not really the culprit of the BH because they continued the next day, though not as frequently. In fact I still have them. I did, however, have a follow up appt Monday due to the ER visit. My cervix was checked both Saturday and Monday and was long and closed. I was told that since they are not affecting my cervix no need for any restrictions. As a result though, I’m being more cautious about staying seated at work, avoiding bending and lifting, resting when I get home and cutting back on (or possibly cutting out altogether) my walks. I will also be insisting on a cervix check at each appt from now forward, and feel basically like I’m operating two weeks at a time (my next appt is in 2 and a half weeks and then will be every 2 weeks afterwards). I realize that in the grand scheme of things I’ve had a very easy pregnancy, and I hope beyond hope that I’m just one of those people who happens to have BH frequently, but it doesn’t make me any less nervous about pre term labor for sure.
- These damn things are stressing me out, or maybe its the trying to keep track of them.
The Weird and Amusing
- On a walk (Saturday morning ironically) I had left my phone at home and when I got home had a text from my husband saying that perhaps I should take my phone in case I get attacked by a dog or a cat. Beware those attack cats.
- I totally bonked a kid in the head with my belly at work today. I expect there to be many more episodes of this.
- Today’s pee tally: 13 from 6am to 6pm.
- Bryan took a pic of me from behind today in order to try and prove I look the same from behind and you can’t tell I’m pregnant. You may not be able to tell I’m pregnant from behind, dear, but I promise you my booty is bigger. 🙂
You know where to find the picture
January 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm
A twin pregnancy is tough. I think you’re smart to sit more, lay down more. I was on bed rest from @26 weeks until they were born at a little over 31. I never thought I would be in that situation, but having two babies does require a lot of work on a mama’s body. You’re doing great. That moment of proved viability will be a great relief.
January 30, 2013 at 8:44 pm
I’m trying to avoid bed rest but who knows. I should be ok as long as my cervix stays strong. Here’s hoping.
January 30, 2013 at 8:21 pm
I laughed out loud to you bonking a kid in the head with your belly! In the way a bit, huh? But you work with littler kids, right? If that happened to me with one of my high-schoolers, I might be mortified!
Lookin’ good from the back there, girl! You really can’t tell! Work that sexy preggo body!
January 30, 2013 at 8:45 pm
Yeah the kid is 3 so no lasting harm done :). And we all got a good laugh.
January 30, 2013 at 8:43 pm
I’m glad your BH’s are not affecting your cervix. So scary and anxiety provoking! Sounds like you are taking really good care of yourself!!! So thankful you won’t have to worry about viability much longer and can just focus on growing those babes as long as possibly…feet up and all!
January 30, 2013 at 9:38 pm
There is no way someone would know you are pregnant from behind! You look tiny!! Glad that the cervix is doing its job!!
January 30, 2013 at 10:19 pm
January 30, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Friend, you look fab from behind, the front and the side. I hope your cervix stays long and strong well past next week!
January 30, 2013 at 10:18 pm
You and me both!!!
January 30, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Looking fabulous! That’s so exciting that you only have one more week to viability!
January 30, 2013 at 10:19 pm
Agreed! Though babies need to cool at least 12 more weeks 🙂
January 31, 2013 at 12:21 am
You look fab, but I’m so sorry for the stress the BH’s are causing. Let’s hope they give you a bit of a break soon. Hang in there!
January 31, 2013 at 8:25 am
Keep very hydrated! It helps ease BH contractions.
February 1, 2013 at 12:36 pm
Sorry to hear about the BH scares, but it seems like you are doing really great through it all. I have heard that hydrating more helps prevent BH? I’m awful at drinking enough water…so hope I’m not coming off as a know it all! Just one of those anecdotes I’ve heard as I obsessively Dr. Google things sometimes.