Holy cow time is flying
- Movement is definitely more frequent now – many times a day, and about half the time you can feel it from the outside. I always joke with Bryan that “someone thumped me” because that’s kinda what it feels like. I notice it most when laying down or after I eat.
- 2 weeks to viability!
- Not peeing quite as much. I’m lucking out at once a night right now, strangely always at about 2 am.
- It looks like my gain 24 pounds by 24 weeks goal is totally gonna happen
- Scheduling maternity pictures!
- Registries are started – not complete but started.
- Beginning to plan the nursery
- It looks like I may be able to return to work part instead of full time after maternity leave. Its not set in stone yet but this makes me very excited.
- The cough is back again-the cough that won’t go away. I got a flu shot last week and promptly caught a head cold. The head cold caused (naturally) congestion, which caused a cough that I now again can’t get rid of. I’m gonna try a breathing treatment this time and hope it helps so I don’t have to take steroids again. It does beat the flu, though.
The Weird and Amusing
- Dude, my underwear doesn’t fit right. I was prepared for the pants and shirts, but underwear? Bah. It makes sense I just totally didn’t think about it.
- So, because I’m a little on the paranoid side there have been a few days where I swore my ankles were swelling. I realize that some swelling is normal. But after closer inspection I finally realized that my ankles aren’t swelling – the 23 pds of extra weight is simply making them slightly fatter. A strangely relieving but also disturbing realization.
- In a similar respect – so are my fingers.
- My husband tells me that I look the same except for the belly. He’s totally lying but I appreciate the gesture anyway.
- Its going to be time to start car shopping soon. I want an SUV. Hubby wants a minivan (totally backwards right?). As a compromise for not taking a job out of state I gave in to the minivan. However, I am in no way, shape or form excited about said minivan shopping.
As always, updated picture at Bubbles and Squishy
January 24, 2013 at 10:17 pm
I have the same sentiments about minivans! Definitely an SUV lady, but I hear people become converts once they drive them and experience the comfort, convenience and spaciousness…hope that happens for you! : ) Good luck!
January 24, 2013 at 10:21 pm
Welcome to the world of cankles! Have had them all my life without being pregnant! So happy you are doing well!
January 25, 2013 at 12:12 am
My hubby wants a minivan too, but I haven’t given in yet. It’s practical, though, especially for two babies! And as always — you look fab! I agree with the hubs…no change except in the tummy. 🙂
January 25, 2013 at 2:44 pm
I noticed I was a little cankle-y about a year ago. A bit alarming, to say the least. I’m glad things are going so well, but also hope that cough clears up again!
January 28, 2013 at 11:59 am
I love the SUV/minivan debate! I bought a Prius less than a month before I found out I was pregnant, so we’re going to have to make due with a hatchback! Good luck shopping!
February 3, 2013 at 12:03 am
I totally get what you mean about the minivan, but they have some really nice ones out there. And you will likely be thankful for the extra room once you’re toting around your little ones and ALL their stuff.