- Anatomy scan scheduled for January 11!
- I am like, 99% sure I’ve felt movement and it felt a bit like bubbles and butterflies from the inside.
- I can breathe again!
- I can totally rock some maternity clothes.
- I am definitely starting to get what I assume is “growing pains”. I actually worried about them a little because it felt a bit like some pelvic pressure and lower back discomfort (not at the same time and intermittantly) because those things can be both signs of normal pregnancy and pre term labor ( go figure that one – you can definitely tell my history with infertility here). But then I began realizing that it was starting in the afternoon, once I got home on the couch I was fine and I’ve never woken up with the issue. Since then I blame my office chair (however, will be keeping an eye on it of course) which I will likely be replacing with an exercise ball. I have this on my bad list bc of course I worry. But even my weekly updates say relaxin starts to kick in about now, which relaxes the muscles and joints, therefore more than likely causing some discomfort.
The Weird and Amusing
- It’s been interesting to imagine the equivalent of two onions inside my stomach, I just have to say.
- At times I look in the mirror and am still surprised by the belly. I wonder if I ever won’t be.
- I’m definitely suffering from foggy brain, and am for sure more emotional than usual.
I can say that time is flying – we will be halfway through VERY soon. Yikes.
New pic is up at Bubbles and Squishy
December 20, 2012 at 10:14 pm
Congrats! Lol.. 2 onions! Rick those maternity clothes! I long for the days of elastic waistbands!
December 20, 2012 at 10:25 pm
elastic waistbands do have their perks :).
December 21, 2012 at 3:05 am
For what it’s worth… round ligament pain can be bad at times and sort of scary if you’re not expecting it. Mine started “earlier” than everything I read on it or even the doctor’s expected, but it was definitely all it was. If you aren’t sure, never hurts to ask (one of the biggest things I got past was feeling like I was pestering my OB. Remember… they are there for you to “pester” LOL). I had some pre-term labor but not until my 3rd trimester and it was noticeably different from my round ligament pains.
Halfway through already! OMG! So excited for you!!! 🙂 And trust me… it’s all totally worth it. My third trimester was hard and I did get to the “OMG, please let me go into labor NOW” phase… but it was all worth it when Morgan finally joined us. I can’t wait to continue following your journey into motherhood! 🙂
December 21, 2012 at 3:06 am
Oh… one more thing.. “bubbles and butterflies”? Definitely sounds like movement to me. Again, I had mine pretty early one (12 weeks I think) and everyone said “oh… you’re not feeling movement that soon.” It wasn’t until I had my anatomy scan where the tech said “Oh! Baby’s moving!” and I felt the SAME thing I’d been feeling for weeks that I was sure it was movement. 🙂
December 21, 2012 at 7:22 am
Have a happy Christmas! You’ve earned some rest and joy. 🙂
December 21, 2012 at 10:16 am
My anatomy scan is Jan 10th but we are cheating and having a 3D gender sono next thursday cause I cannot wait!!
December 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm
So excited for you about feeling movement!! I’ve been trying to decide if that’s what I’m feeling as well. Yay for anatomy scan too!! Exciting news all around 🙂
December 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm
I love the pose in the picture! Lots of exciting things, I’m so happy for you!
December 21, 2012 at 8:32 pm
Exciting things are happening! That post cracks me up, too!
December 21, 2012 at 8:33 pm
December 21, 2012 at 11:34 pm
Love your new pic and that pose! Crazy to think about 2 onions growing in you. So, so fun!!!
December 22, 2012 at 4:05 am
Happy holidays! Enjoy your time off work. How exciting to know the sex of the babies soon, if you find out that is.