A brief review of the last couple of weeks (11 and 12):
- Hearing the babies’ heartbeats for the first time (and maybe
a fewmany more times after that) after our home doppler arrived in the mail. It helps quell some of the anxieties between appointments, particularly now in the first trimester. Bryan got to hear them as well, and recorded them so we could send them to our parents.
- Reading the weekly updates comparing our babies to fruit and learning what is growing and forming every week. . It also answers questions like “what the heck is up with these nipple bumps”? and “why did I nearly faint at my choir concert?”
- We are a mere week away from the 2nd trimester!
- The babies are moving now! But of course I can’t feel them yet. I do feel quite a bit of gas though….
- When hubby told me he couldn’t wait for me to start showing so he could walk around like a proud papa.
- Catching a stomach bug. I called in a sick day for the first time in over 2 years and spent a day dealing with vomiting and stomach cramps. It took literally a week to get my appetite back and I lost all three pounds I had gained (but I’ve since gained them back)
The Weird and Amusing
- Apparently I had the “week” thing all wrong. For example, I thought 10 weeks meant I was in week 10, but apparently it really means you’re starting week 11 because you can’t be considered 10 weeks pregnant until the 10th week is over. It makes sense now that this was explained to me but I’ve been doing it wrong.
- I feel like I smell farts, like, often. Bryan and the dog both deny it, but I can’t be imagining it….can I?
- I’m a fairly healthy eater and haven’t eaten at McDonalds in I can’t even remember how long. Now suddenly I’m craving McDonalds nuggets and have eaten them twice this week.
- I grew out of my first bra. That was bizarre. Technically my sports bras are too small too but I’m squeezing into them anyway because I’m too lazy and cheap to buy new ones yet
- I did the “hair tie to keep my pants up but still allow them to be unbuttoned trick” for the first time
- On weekends I like to take long walks but need to eat before I go. Regardless of whether I go to the bathroom before I go or not, since I’ve eaten breakfast I end up getting 20 minutes into the walk and I have to pee.
I decided to create a separate tab for pictures, so if you’re interested you can see a 12 week pic at Bubbles and Squishy
November 16, 2012 at 6:26 am
Boo for your stomach bug! Hope it passes soon! And I feel ya on the McDonalds thing! Cheeseburger happy meals got me through the first trimester and while I was disgusted at the thought and ashamed to even order it, it was freakin’ delicious. Pregnancy definitely makes you more open minded to more food! But I realized as long as it wasnt every day, I needed to let myself indulge without the guilt because frankly, for me it was the burger or nothing at all. I am finally able to eat healthier now and feel better but it took a while!
And the week thing bugs me too! But the months confuse me more! When people ask how far I am, I tell them in weeks because thats how I track it. Most get it but some dont and ask me “how many months is that?” And I dont know if I should tell them Im 6 months pregnant or in my 7th month…LOL… so then I usually give more info like when Im due and what trimester Im in and then it makes sense to people…ha ha!
Im so excited for you to be almost to the second trimester! Yay Bubbles and Squishy! 🙂 ♥♥
November 16, 2012 at 9:05 pm
When I told my mom what I was craving she was so shocked lol. It’s crazy what your busy wants!!
Thanks!!! I’m so glad they are making themselves at home!
November 16, 2012 at 7:52 am
Awwww you have a belly!!! I wish I had a belly and not just fat maybe in a couple of months I will pop
November 16, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Having two makes you pop faster for sure
November 16, 2012 at 8:54 am
ha ha! I can totally relate to MANY of these things 🙂 So strange, but so exciting all at the same time. So glad you’re liking your doppler and you’re able to record! I have not figured that out yet 🙂
November 16, 2012 at 10:28 am
my husband is a tech wiz so he knows how to do those kinds of things. I wouldn’t have any idea. Do you have an iphone? There may be some kind of recording app
November 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Yay!! I am soo soo soo excited and happy for you. Boo for the stomach bug, but then you are pregnant and don’t have morning sickness. So take that as a counter 🙂 Bad joke.. but as long as you are feeling good, that’s all that matters.
Saw your baby bump pictures, you look soo adorable..
November 16, 2012 at 9:04 pm
No you’re totally right. I’d take the bug over constant vomiting any day!
November 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm
I keep on forgetting you are having twins! It is like a present every time I remember. Also, your bump photos are super cute!
November 16, 2012 at 9:02 pm
Thank you!! That’s so sweet!
November 16, 2012 at 4:15 pm
Nipple bumps? Hmmm. Sounds….interesting.
I hope you are feeling better after your stomach bug!!
November 16, 2012 at 9:03 pm
It has to do with your breasts getting ready to breast Feed. Still, it’s weird
All better now thanks!
November 16, 2012 at 7:20 pm
A very eventful couple of weeks! And those belly shots? Bubbles and Squishy have clearly made themselves at home. So cute!
November 16, 2012 at 9:03 pm
Thank you!! I am glad they are.
November 17, 2012 at 9:41 am
lets try to get together for a long walk….as long as you keep your farts to yourself LOL
November 17, 2012 at 10:22 am
November 17, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Mc Donalds is crazy during pregnancy. I swear, everyone I know tells me it happened to them, too. I can’t tell you the last time I had McD’s prior to being pregnant. It must have been a decade or something…. but then one day I HAD TO HAVE IT. You’re not alone!