Something happened. A few days ago it was Halloween. Then I blinked and it was Thanksgiving.
Scary because they say time only goes faster as you get older.
So it’s a day of Thanks, and my visit from Aunt Flo came. And, like other annoying relatives, showed up early and unannounced. The perpetual thorn of infertility is particularly stabby today. So while I’m certainly NOT saying I that I’m not blessed or don’t have things to be thankful for, I’m not feeling particularly thankful right now, (except for Ibproufen) but I’m gonna try.
I did get a pleasant surprise last night, though. An understanding hubby took me out for chocolate cake. We also went to Target for a book….and walked out with like 10 things (see, I told you), and I was apparently nominated for a blog award. Cool!
The idea behind this particular one is the word Leibster, the German word for beloved or favorite. It’s designed particularly for blogs with 200 followers or less (when I read this I thought – people seriously have 200 followers? Mine just doubled to 13 and I was really excited!) to encourage further attention and followers. It is a bit chain-letter-y, which I’m usually not into, but frankly I was excited to think there was someone out there who liked my blog enough to nominate me, and I figured it would be a cool thing to do for someone else. Plus now I get that cool pic up there to put on my sidebar 🙂
My nominator, Daydreaming in Progress, totally made my day yesterday.
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
4. Hope that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
My top 5: (and my apologies if I pick you and you already have 200 followers, I couldn’t find anything that indicated the number)
1. Relaxed No More– an infertility blog. We seem to have a similar sense of humor 🙂
2. The Elusive Second Line – a blog about infertility. She’s been very supportive of my own blog and I’m happy to pass the support along!
3. Running in Mommyland – a blog about a mom training for her first marathon! You go girl! And if I remember correctly, conceived her twins through IVF.
4. Living Our Life in Cycles – I actually found this one (or she found me), through ICLW. A runner taking a break from running to peruse the journey of infertility. Stupid infertility.
5. Running is Magical – fellow runner who recently finished her 2nd ( I think ) half marathon and is currently training for a 3rd. Way to go!
And even though I’m not in a great mood today, I’m going to share 5 things I’m thankful for:
1. My husband. He’d sell his soul if he knew it would make me happy. He is absolutely one of the most caring men I know and I don’t tell him enough how much I appreciate that (I guess I should email him a link to my blog 😉
2. My ability to run. It seriously keeps my stress and sanity in check.
3. This blog. It’s helped immensely. And I love making people laugh 🙂
4. All of the support I have gotten from my friends, even though I’ve had a tendency to be crabby more often than usual in the last few months
5. Pinterest. Because how else would I find funny and ridiculous relevent pictures to share?